·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Nudi

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JasonE-
It was supposed to take longer than that.

Before I killed my tanks i was battling the nudis...and I was seeing things....i looked in the corner of my garage and on the floor it looked like a huge monti eating nudi!! But alas.....it was just a potato. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
:doh: sorry Fly Guy
talking of those nudis, i had a bunch on several colonies. recently they all disappeared. i'm now going through the fish i have to see who was responsible. the most likely candidates are a terelabrus dwarf hog, or a pencil wrasse -pseudojuloides, janns pipefish and dragon pipefish. I've not seen them pick at anything, but all other fish are pretty much open water...

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:doh: sorry Fly Guy
talking of those nudis, i had a bunch on several colonies. recently they all disappeared. i'm now going through the fish i have to see who was responsible. the most likely candidates are a terelabrus dwarf hog, or a pencil wrasse -pseudojuloides, janns pipefish and dragon pipefish. I've not seen them pick at anything, but all other fish are pretty much open water...
I had them in both my 90 and my 225. They won the battle in the 90 and I lost the few montis that were in there. However, most of my montis were in the 225, and my sixline kept them at bay. their damage never went out to anywhere he could reach.

Then I decided to kill everything so I solved the nudi problem in the process. :funny: :cry:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Does anyone know if those same nudis would eat at a scroll coral the same as the montis?? I have a scroll coral that looks like its being eaten away like that monti picture, but I have yet to be able to find a nudi on it during the day or at night.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Hey, I've got a variant of those too!! :lol:

Dick:)

Attachments

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know if those same nudis would eat at a scroll coral the same as the montis?? I have a scroll coral that looks like its being eaten away like that monti picture, but I have yet to be able to find a nudi on it during the day or at night.
The monti eating nudis never touched my turbinaria, and I had three slightly different types. Thats not to say they couldnt of course.......just not IME.

I was always watching for it too just becasue of the slightly similar shape.......

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Bill, would you drop a few into some rubbing alcohol and send them to me? I will shoot some pix under the scope and post them under magnification with a couple of different backgrounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts