The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy TRT. I searched the forums to see if I can answer the questions in my head but...

• I was curious as to how many angels can I keep in a tank without them hurting each other?
  • Is their a certain ratio to size of tank to angels? (Supposing you didn't have any other fish)
  • Are there any combinations of angels that have been successfully kept w/o major problems?
I only have a 40g. And I am aware that an angel could/will harm a similiar species. That and I should only keep at least one. I currently own one Coral Beauty... but I'm debating if I should trade it in for another species. I dream of adding another angel w/o any problems but that seems highly improbable. I ask merely for future reference. I hope you guys are having a wonderful time with your tanks. Thank you all again. ^_^ Ciao

Mark

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Everything I have ever read says one angel per tank period. Now I have no personal experience so I am just passing on what I have heard or read.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
here has been my experience up until this year I've always had fish only tanks. Two yrs ago I had a 120 and a small queen angel along with about 4 other fish one being a small dwarf angel. The queen never bothered the dwarf. After a few months I bought a Aspher angel. When I first put the Aspher in the Queen was all over the Aspher. I changes the rocks around and that did help a bit but not much. After a few days the queen calmed down and there were very little problems after that. I do think your tank is too small for either of those two fish. Now I have a 150 reef tank and have a coral beauty and a cherub in the tank. I added the both of them at the same time and I have never had a problem with them. If you look under photos and pull up tank pix you will see a pic of my two angels swimming side by side. Having said that keep in mind my tank is a 150 yours is a 40. I fear your tank may be even too small for two dwarf angels. If you do decide to have two add them at the same time.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
a lot has to do with when they are introduced. there is a better chance of them getting along if they are introduced at the same time. whenever you introduce one after another has been in the aquarium for a while, there will be fighting. this goes with just about all of the fish that are at least semi-aggressive.

G~

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the input everyone. It is much appreciated. I figured my tank would be small, but I'm happy to know that more than one angel can live in a tank w/o problems (according to tank size at least).

I'm debating if I should trade in my coral beauty for an imperator angel. Has anyone had problems with an imperator (sp?) angel? I've read a couple web pages about them... and the forums. Now that I think about it... I'll just keep my coral beauty. THank you all again. ^_^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts