The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas what can cause an angel to hide out for a day? its been in a spot that i cant see, and every once in a while it swims by a hole so i get a glance, its been doing great for a couple months, nothing is in there to hurt it, fish or corals. i just moved my tank, nothing is bleaching, nothing is dying, i dropped my fuge, but i dont think nitrates would effect him. any ideas? its a cherub BTW, any chance it could be a female that laid eggs and is just protecting them? i cant get a good enough look to see if its sick or anything, but from what i saw, it seems fine. just hiding.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I hope the little angel turns out to be just fine. Maybe it just stressed from the move. I would think it would come out to eat even if it is protecting eggs.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its been a week, and its been fine since the move, just started this yesterday.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I also have a cerub and when I moved she took a few days to come back out. However I do also have a coral beauty that was giving it a bit of a hard time. I have a feeling she just needs a little more time.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
yep post traumatic syndrom will sneak up on ya long after the ordeal.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
You might see if the angel comes out at night (use a flashlight) - - and also check for any parasites, wounds or problems. My rock beauty acts very strange for a while after we move rocks around in the tank -

HHC

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
I can promise it won't be eggs (angels spray the eggs into the water column and they float in the planktonic soup of the sea). do you have any other fish in the tank that may be reasserting dominance after the move? If you moved stuff around inthe tank your agressive fish will be re-establishing territory and will beat up other fish to establish the pecking order again.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the fish list is...
bi color blenny,
blue spot watchman goby,
neon goby
pj cardinal
royal gramma
cherub

the bi color has been acting a little fiesty. but nothing else seems to compete for dominance. its been a week after the move, and it has been fine and acting normal till now. i would figure if its nitrates or anything it would effect all the corals and other fish too. could be parasites or sickness, but i cant get a good look at it. thanks for the egg info twitter, i didnt know that. ive been having a great ph swing at night since i ditched the fuge and the light down there. maybe thats it? can i put a light under the tank just to slow the ph swing on reverse day cycle?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im home now, and everything seems fine, its acting normal again, guess im just paranoid, zxcv123 must be getting to me.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha, no im not being mean, i just meant he makes me over think stuff. just gotta relax!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one here that worries about thier fish while at work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts