The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is insitant Upon an Anenome What is a good selection for us to get that is "easy" to keep.:help:

Thanks
Fred

·
Administrator
46,678 Posts
Well thats going to depend on why she wants one, The Condylactis is prolly the easiest to keep, but being native to Caribean they are not natural host to clownfish
The bubble tip (E. quad) are prolly the hardiest of the host anemones and are often available as cloned daughters( tank acclimated and divided by fission) IMO those would be your best bests, keep in mind no guarentees about clowns and anemones hosting. There are a few that are either aggresive or really difficlt so do a lot of research before jumping in
Keep in mind that wild caught anemones taken from the sea impact generations of fish and other organisms that host in them in the wild

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I allready have the t-5's I guess I need to figure out how to update the tanks specs. The tank is only 3 months old I think I talked her into waiting a while for now.

Thanks

Fred

·
Registered
851 Posts
If your not worried about clowns hosting it, then a Rock anemone is an easy one. Your lights would work for it, and they dont move around alot like some anemones do. I have one an love it.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I have a free Bulb Tip anemone that came with a piece of LR. When I noticed him, he was about 1.5" across. That was six weeks ago. Now he's about 5" across and growing! I have him under power compact lights and he's doing okay - color is good. I feed him tiny pieces of silversides once a week and the clown feeds him too.

HHC

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We decided to hold off for a while (a year hopefully) thanks for the offer though.

Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts