The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, my name is Vincent from Malaysia and I'm a new member of TRT. I'm also a new comer in this expensive hobby.

I have an anenomie in my tank and one day I discovered that the anemonie flooted on the surface of the tank. 3-4 days letter it sank again, anybody has any idea what causes it to float.

Thanks.

:confused:

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
vince

Welcome :dance: :beer:

Anoenome's can move by inflating them selves and either walking or floating. Probably didn't like where it was at and decided to move to a better spot.

What type of lighting do you have?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Yup probably on the move! Do you have your tank's specs?

Welcome to TRT! Best forum on the internet! We will leave the porch light on for ya!!:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree looks like he was floating to move around....

Congrats on joining TRT....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank guys for the information, TFT is definately the best REEF site on the internet withyou guys around.

Guys I have an 3ft 30W light blue light on a 4ft x 1.5ft x 3ft glass box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
first let me say welcome vtvinc!!!!

imo 30w of light in a tank that size is not enough. i would think about upgrading your lights. they require stronger light.
just my .02

gch

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think I break all the rules when it comes to an anemonie. I have a 90g tank with 2 40w NO bulbs running about 5-7 hours. I have had him for over 8 months and he keeps getting bigger and bigger. If you plan on putting corals in your tank I would upgrade your lighting. I have seen many anemonies die from lack of light, I must have a green thumb or something - LOL.

Also WELCOME TO THE REEF TANK .....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm now looking for additional lighting for my tank and they come in many different colours. Is there a recommended colour light that a reef tank should be using ?

The light I have now is blue in colour, can anybody advise. Thanks.

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
If you can find bulbs in 6500k or better (higher K rating) that would help, even Halides no less than the 6500k and higher

With the 6500k, I would keep the blue to off set the "yellow" , if you can get 10,000k bulbs you might not need the blue, unless you like blue. The 20,000k in Halides are "blue", but just like most things in this hobby - it's subjective

HTH :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts