The Reef Tank banner

Anemone Update

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  musicfeind2001 
#1 ·
Several weeks ago I asked you guys for help identifying an anemone I found on some live rock. The anemone is doing suprisingly well. Better than I could have hoped for! It has been propogating like crazy!
Generally, when a pet of any kind thrives, you just assume that whatever you are doing so far is working, but I wanted your guys experienced advice to make sure these little guys continue growing. The other 2 larger nems are also dividing, just not as much.
I am feeding flake food in the mornings, and target feeding a mix of flake and frozen omnivore (brine, mysis shrimp and algeas). It's under a 'natural daylight' fluorescent bulb.
I'm not adding any kinds of suppliments, but so far I have been using dechlorinated and conditioned tap water for top offs and water changes, so there are probably trace elements already present. Getting RO/DI is going to have to wait until new tires and inspection are done on the car... but so far everything is doing well.

Above and left of the large nem are several 'babies' that have split off

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.