The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do anemones eat? and how do i tell if mine is dead, cuz i thought it was dead at one point, bagged it, brought it to the fish stow, only to find when i relooked in the bag, it was balloned up an health

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,649 Posts
I always fed mine mysis shrimp. What are your lighting and perams like? They like strong light, and a older stable system, how long has your tank been up? They also like good inderect flow.

If they are dead they rot and fall apart very fast, they also stink like mad and make your tank water white, trust me there would be no question if it was dead.

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so it wasnt dead, just took a while to ballon up. i just got a light upgrade, total of 130 watts in my 29, my tank is about two months old. water flow is great. how about do you feed them? i just put frozen shrimp in the tank, the regal, clown, wrassie, and goby tank care of that, the shrimp spread all over the tank. am i to assume that some shrimp land in the two anemones and are eaten from there, or do i have to do something like a turkey bastor injector right by them?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so could i use the turkey bastor, cuz i dont think i could keep the shrimp on the stick long enough to get to the anemone cuz the current will kick the sucker right off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts