The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rose bubble tip anemone that provides a nice home to my gold stripe maroon clown. I had it for quite a while and it had been looking great and my clown was loving it. Then, a few months ago, it started to look small and kind of sick. It was moving around the tank a lot and getting stuck in the filter intake tube. I would turn the filter off until the anemone got itself out and then it just never looked very good. Then one day it looked like it was getting air bubbles in its tentacles. I was really surprised to see this and I was afraid it was the end of my little friend. Then, I finally learned more about my lighting and got a Coralife compact setup with the 10,000K and acentic lights. I put that on my tank and my little anemone friend stopped going down hill. It stayed small for quite a few weeks but it looked a lot better than when it was full of bubbles and scrawny. In the last couple of months, it has made a full recovery and has surpassed its original good condition. It now is quite big and healthy looking and my clown couldn't be happier! The anemone looks to be about 5 inches across when it is fully extended and it sways in the currents quite nicely. Some of the tentacles look like they have branched. I have never seen this before but as long as the animal is looking that healthy, I am not going to question it. Does anyone else have any great success stories to share?

·
Super Moderator
22,167 Posts
:thumbup:

Success story,,,,hmmmmm, none from me, except the fact that i still put money toward my water filled glass cages for all these years.
mebbe the time my 180 FO survived 6 days one winter with no power/heat,,,
I like to chalk it up to good conditioning of the fish b4 it happened,,,

·
Retired Wanderer
17,286 Posts
We have a Rose BTA that picked a spot and stuck to it, eats a shrimp a week and is huge. Two percs host on him. This is with four Maxijets 1200's for flow and a 2x65W pc with moonlight CSL lighting. There is a piece of junk skilter with UV and a bejillion clean up critters (stolen from my tank, but I digress). This is the star of our 55g tank and we love him. There are a million stories of anenome horror, so we are not going to change anything ever and count our blessings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts