The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an anemone last Sunday and he settled into the rock work on about Wednesday and hasn't moved since.
The only problem is he is very close to my feather duster. Today, Saturday, the feather duster lost his crown.
The duster and anemone are both pretty secure in the same rocks and I'm wondering if I should try to move the feather duster or not since he didn't move himself. I would have to take apart the rock work to move him as he has settled in pretty deep and doesn't come out when I gently pull.

Also - how do you feed them once they've lost their crown?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
IME they fall of due to stress.
However they can grow back so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
Also I have seen feather duster literally right up against anemones and everything was fine. Of course I'm sure this is subject to each FD and anemone as well as the tank its self.

How to feed. I'd use a turkey baster and blow small amount of food to it a few times a day

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
If too stressed out, the feather duster will leave its tube and move elsewhere and start building another tube. You likely won't see it resurface for about a month if it does do this.

And don't try to coax the worm out either. It will do what is best for itself. I've had one worm lose its crown and stay in its tube for weeks. After maybe two months, I decided to remove the tube, but was surprised to find the worm still in there. No clue how he survived that long without eating, but he ended up rebuilding his crown.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If too stressed out, the feather duster will leave its tube and move elsewhere and start building another tube. You likely won't see it resurface for about a month if it does do this.

And don't try to coax the worm out either. It will do what is best for itself. I've had one worm lose its crown and stay in its tube for weeks. After maybe two months, I decided to remove the tube, but was surprised to find the worm still in there. No clue how he survived that long without eating, but he ended up rebuilding his crown.
Well I blew some food his way and he was twisting around about an inch and a half out of his tube all day yesterday. He seemed okay with it. I fed the nem so he would suck up and give the worm a break. I haven't seen the worm today yet but in other news my female clown started hosting so this roller coaster of emotions is up and down just like everyone else is experiencing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts