The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My anemone decided to stick its self on to a small piece of live rock. Can I move him/her and without it coming off the rock. Its back on and lieing flat, I would like to tuen it around, but I don't want to disturb it. Oh and my baby tomato is hosting it and bring it food!! YEEPIE!!!

CHEERS
:beer:
DERM

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
You will learn that anenome's go where they please. The usually will roam a tank until they find a location that they feel is optimal. You can move the rock, but unless you place him in a position with equal conditions from where you moved him, he will probably roam again. :)

good to hear your clown is hosting with him and bringing him food. This will up the chances of survival for the anenome. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have had a rose BTA in my 125 for about 3 months. It never spends more than about 4-5 days in one place and then roams around.

I have heard the same thing that it will find a place it likes and settle down. I just hope it is soon, i cannot move the other specimen in the tank fast enough as it moves around. It has killed half of my xeneas, a devils hand, and seriously injuried a candy cane, not to mention attacking my open brain.

It must be a female of the species, why else would it be so fickle.:)

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Either that, or it's male and refusing to ask directions! :funny:

(Sorry - couldn't help it. *snicker*)

Danielle

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have left it alone "SHES" on the move again, women!!

CHEERS
DERM

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
dermp said:
I would like to tuen it around, but I don't want to disturb it.
Then don't
Oh and my baby tomato is hosting it and bring it food!! YEEPIE!!!
Your baby tomato is bringing food to his home to store it to be eaten later. The problem is his home is eating the food.:)

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey good news he's back to the same rock again, but this time he is right in the front and looks so nice, couldn't have asked for a better place for him to be!! Hope he stays there. Do you think he will if left alone??

CHEERS
DERM

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mrs Smith said:

Danielle
Why do you think we guys are soooo into hi-tech gadgets like on-board GPS?

:)

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Mrs Smith said:

Danielle
OH Danielle, that is just too rich, and well deserved :D

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
On behalf of the BRW, you make us proud, Danielle :beer: :dance: :beer: :dance:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only reason men do not ask for directions from a woman is that we are never truly lost, we are taking the scenic route to show our woman the beauty of nature.

Furthermore, if the anenome is a male, it is wandering trying to figure out where the woman told him to go.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
My BTA moved until it found a place that seems to fit it's needs! Here is a pic where it is now!;)

Now about the anenome being a man or woman and BRW crowd giving us men static-------------won't go there!!:D

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Cool pic Johnny!

(And newcomer started it! I was merely pointing out an alternative to his scenario... :p )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts