The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 24 gal nano with soft corals, musrooms, zoos, feather dusters, a mandarin goby, a little basslet and a banner cardinal fish. I desperately want a clownfish and anemone. Would I be crazy to put one in?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
no I have a 24 Nano also I have a clown, annemone, tang greenstar polyps and a few other fish!!! Id say you will be fine.....my nano has only atinics no mh and its been doing GREAT!!!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Sure you have enough room they can get big and sting things also need real good light.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just have the lights that came with the nano and I am afraid my fish will get eaten. Isn't that a possibility? My fish guy says they pretty well know to stay away but I don;t believe everything he says!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I would upgrade the light,and yes the fish can get eaten
I had a stupid tang run into one and he died 2 days later.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
believe it! However clownfish have been known to coral other fish into the anemone I have witnessed this personally along with another doubted observation that they feed there host...which is true, but is probably meant more for the storage of food for later.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How mean! I have a lot of xenia and two big torch corals. What are the likelihood that a pair of clowns already attached to an anemone will make one of those their own?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts