The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am relatively new to saltwater and know enough to be dangerous. I have a 90 FOLR tank. My question is I bought a Condylacius Anemone (red tip or flame tip what ever u want to call it) this is my second one. My first one we got for the first 2 days in the tank it constantly moved around the tank and then would shrivel up and come back and then about a 2 weeks into being in the tank it totally shrived up and I assume it died because we found our Chocolate Chip star fish on top of it trying to eat it. The LFS claims that the Anemone was only pooping out waist and that it would be alright? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? My tank is 80 deg with Salinity of 1.022 with ph of 8.2 Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates all at zero. The first time I had the Anemone my tank was at 80 deg with salinity of 1.022 with ph of 8.3 with ammonia at 15ppm nitrites were zero and nitrates were at 20ppm. The tank has been set up for 6 months and the live rock and crushed coral are almost 2 yrs old (taken from a smaller tank). The livestock that I have in my tank is 1 percula clown, 1 green Manderain, 1 green chromis, 1 chocolate chip star, 1 yellowhead pearly jawfish and one yellow tail blue damsel. I also would like to hear from any of you that know who supplies your LFS and who anyone would consider a good supplier. I believe that my LFS supplier is Seagrest Farms or something like that

·
Registered
315 Posts
What type of lighting are you keeping this under. They require strong lighting and a good amount of flow.

BILL

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 AquaClear 3000 powerheads that move 250 GPH each and I have a 36" strip light with 2 lights @ 75 watts each (dont remember what bulbs I put in there they have the blueish tint to them and I have 1 48" strip light that has 1 bulb @ 55 watts and that has a Coralife 50/50 (50% natural Daylight @ 6000K and 50% Actinic 03 Blue (not sure if u needed that info or not))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts