The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a 90 gallon drilled with 1 built in overflow. With a 30 gallon L sump and Berlin protein skimmer. The tank has a closed loop system ran by a mag18 pump and our return is a wave system. and two powerheads that need to be upgraded.

Lighting
We have a Marieland 4 x 54 T5 and two 175 W metal halides. We also have a strip of blue LEDs that were once in a MH fixture. We added two 10" fans to help with heat.

Rock, coral, fish
We have a little over 100 lbs of rock (40 started as base and is already getting covered in coraline). About half of our rock we bought from a local guy and it is Aquacultured Gulf Rock he had for a number of years, so we have a few types/colors of sponge. Plenty of feather dusters are scattered around.

Coral
We currently have 10 types of coral.
Frogspawn, green star poyps, brain, finger leather, green/red zoos, candycane, hammer coral, xenia, blue/green mushrooms and some type encrusting coral (possibly tube?)

Fish
We only have 4 fish right now. A foxface, two PJ cardinals (had 3 but lost one), and a black saddleback clown.

----------------
We also have a 30 gal with about 15lbs of rock. Small colony of star polyps and a few mushrooms. In that tank we have a domino damsel, yellowbelly damsel, blue damsel, and a fire clown.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we'll get some posted tomorrow!

·
Registered
311 Posts
sounds like a very nice setup your the first person in the group that i have herd to have a closed loop... sounds great!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
What do you have in your sump? Do you have a refugium and, if so, with what plants?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we have our protein skimmer and filtration is in our sump. we have some macro algae in there too and run a small light at night. but it's not really what i would call a refugium

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally getting pictures up, but don't have one of the whole tank, so that is still to come!

Before the Coral Beauty nipped at it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Not that great of a shot of the clam

Monti from Adam

RIP Green Carpet :(

This is the one that eats Acro!

Pink Eye Chalice (just above the snail)

·
Registered
311 Posts
love the pics and nice looking clam. I always have a soft spot for the clams... Cant wait for a hole tank pic.. Just cuse i am curious can you post a pic of your closed loop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts