The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't belive it finally someone who is selling good coarl for a decent price and acutual pictures of what you are buying!! NOT just another store that takes a picture out of a book and says this is some what like the product you will get. So everyone ya gota check this out and support our sponsers. Guaranted your jaw will hit the floor.

www.underwatercreations.com/wuswyg.htm

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
They aren't really calling those corals plants are they?! ....or the plate coral an anemone? ....or how about refering to the coral polyps as flowers? I'm not normally so nitpicky, but, I believe someone going into business selling corals ought to be more careful how they list their specimens. Perhaps these people really do know thier stuff, but when I read things like the above I tend to get real leary, fast.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just curious, though

Since I am new to this hobby and have only been to a few LFS, I was wondering about price comparison. For example:
At the above site, their Long Tip Plate Anenome (I sure hope they meant coral) is priced at $48.95. What would a more reasonable price (and dont tell me $48.94) but rather a more indicative price in the business? Can someone post or PM me with their recommendations for reputable online retailers?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow I really thought this was a flame- free environment. Guess i thougt wrong. This is a sponser of the reef tank. All i know is i've had great service and am willing to pay a little extra for quallity over someone selling quantity. And to support our sponsers. That we might all be able to pull together and learn from each other.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Im sorry Todd

I didnt mean to offend you or anyone. I was not aware that the site in mention was a sponser. I will certainly do my homework. TRT is the BEST site I have ever seen....never a flame. I dont think anyone meant to offend. You're right though about the great quality. Thats evident by the pics. I think you may have actually done a service for that site....lots of people will now be checking it out and singing its praises. Please dont judge TRT by this thread. This is really the greatest and nicest site ever.

Sincerely,
Nicole

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
toddrudolph said:
Wow I really thought this was a flame- free environment. Guess i thougt wrong...
Actually I don't see where this is a flame. Someone posted that there was a site with a good product, someone else posted that it was a little pricey. That's all I see, no name calling, no slamming them for their product, no unruley comments.

If someone has a product that is truly superior to others, they can charge a higher price, prolly to get it as well. That is commerce as we know it in the United States. Folks will buy it if it is what they deem as worth the money, it is the epitome of supply-and-demand open market. The business will stand on it's merits or fail because they can't meet the consumer's expectations. If there is a coral that I see that is an outstanding value , even if it is expensive and it will fit with one of my biotopes, I will purchace it if it is worth the money to me.

I would not interpret this as a flame in the least way, if you want to see what flames are, go check out newbie posts on RC... I like their site, good info if you weed through all the ego blasts there, but wear your asbestos underware if you post there.

btw, I didn't know they were a sponsor here, nice site guys (Underwater Creations), I REALLY like wysiwyg sites.

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
I just had to chime in here, since my positive post about UWC, one of our board sponsors was moved....

WYSIWG from Lise. She hand picks her corals. Yes, a little pricey. But we all pay a little more at the LFS for handpicking our own. Personally, I trust Lise to send me something good....not junk......

Unlike liveaquaria, you are not just a nameless, faceless order. Lise is willing to take the time you need to feel satisified that you are getting what you want. To me, that is more important.

I didn't feel the posts were flames....but I just had to jump in again to give two thumbs up to our board sponsor....

J.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i agree. i dont think it was a flame. jsut a comment that thier prices were higher.

and for me, service and communication will always make me ignor a higher price. i'd rather pay top dollar to someone that takes care of me, and stands behind thier product, plus the option of being able to see what you are getting, is far more important to me than just getting the lowest dollar possible, without knowing what i'm going to get.

·
Registered
637 Posts
They are about 30 minutes from downtown. I believe they are out in the Lugoff-Elgin area, out interstate 77. Very easy to get to. Give Darren a call.

William

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just wanted to come on and say thank you..

OodleyBoodely, you're correct, we were running a little late in posting the What you see is what you get selections of the store, and apparently there were some errors made on the labeling. The person who posted them is now packing, not posting. LOL

Yes, our prices are just a tad bit higher than some of our competators, but we also hand pick each coral. This means that you are getting on the best of the best. Quality corals for just a bit more than hoping to get a good quality coral.

Need additional pictures of a item you're interested in? Let us know. We will take picture at which ever angle you need. We want you to be sure of what you are getting prior to purchasing.

Again, thank you

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
"OodleyBoodely, you're correct, we were running a little late in posting the What you see is what you get selections of the store, and apparently there were some errors made on the labeling. The person who posted them is now packing, not posting. LOL"

Sorry Lise. I always notice things like that. Glad it was just an error. I like your website and the 'What you see....." section is great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.