The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....YEAH!!!! ("Just practicing for the weekend.")

Good morning, and a relaxing Vinnie type of a morning to All.....HAPPY THURSDAY! 馃榿
Coffee is up, and sitting here in my recliner in front of all the open windows......and my hearing is better'ER, but still muffled, so the sound of someone with a 'leaf blower' is drowning out Mother Nature's pretty sounds.

Off today for a Dr. and a 'Life Celebration' for my Brother......1/2 I'm looking forward to, and the other half....big sigh....someone has to pay for their golf clubs.

Let's see what today is all about,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You did GREAT last night Vinnie.....did us proud! (y) :cool:
As George would say about me, SOME of those on there with you last night were, uhhhh...:unsure:....CHATTY! :rolleyes: I thought more than once it was coming to an end, then it would keep going. Never saw the 'show' before so wasn't sure of anything.....just got use to our 1-hr. MEETS on here, so kinda expected the same.
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Mornin Hack! A chipper Good Day to all else. Glad the hearing is coming back slowly Hack. How is your balance?

Muggy here today and they are teasing us with thunderstorms but I don;t think that is gonna pan out. Would be nice though, we need it.

Never made it to the big LFS last night. Traffic was horrendous & I didn't want to spend an hour going a few miles in Hamilton. It is already a miserable place to drive. I am going to my little LFS straight from work. All I really need is some good silicone and maybe a light or two. I was thinking a couple thousand dollars for a new tank and stand etc. Now that I got all that for $300.00 & a bit of work I can maybe get some better equipment sooner. I do want to get some corals in there when the tank is set up. No sense getting them now and having to move tham tank to bucket to tank after. I am going to start a discussion on my thread about moving tanks...actually, that may be a good thread to start....actually, maybe I should search the site before I start making threads...Dunno...Gotta go...Have a good day.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Rick, top of the morning to Ya.

As hearing comes back, which started improving through the day yesterday, my sense of a 'few too many martinis on the bar stool' has improved.....still 'quick movement' will remind me of THAT SENSATION, but is also improving.

Any time you think of a thread that may help others with a 'question you may have.....but hesitate to ask' POST IT.....There ARE! (y) :cool:
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning Hack, Rick and everyone,

Coffee if finished and I鈥檓 relaxing , woke up late.

Thanks Hack, yeah the show can be long, two three hours. Then chat afterwards which Robert and I didn鈥檛 stick around for. Ray jay is a regular guest but wasn鈥檛 on last night. The good thing is they like me to come back on. It was fun. Now that I got over Stage fright.

Rick, I hate traffic, it keeps me from going to local fish store all the time.
Im also experienced in moving tanks, did it when I was doing aquarium maintenance. Not to bad, I鈥檝e move tanks to different rooms and across town for customers.
Have a nice day.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Hack, yeah the show can be long, two three hours. Then chat afterwards which Robert and I didn鈥檛 stick around for. Ray jay is a regular guest but wasn鈥檛 on last night. The good thing is they like me to come back on. It was fun. Now that I got over Stage fright.
Who's show is it Vinnie? I heard several references .....Sea Horse Whisperer? Would enjoy seeing Ray Jay on there.....just come to read his assistance to others over the years on here....put a face to the name kinda thing.
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Hack, Kelley is the host of the show, the one posting the pictures and videos. The one that said she help me on shipping because she want some of mine. The one that spun the wheel for the CharChamber. I鈥檝e been watching for some time and enjoy the guess. Lots of useful information.
Robert King has a channel and raises clown fish. He has a pair of Darwin clown 32 years old still laying. He is also know for his zombie clowns. They have the albino gene. Andthe inventor of CharChamber

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! I didn鈥檛 see any food offered already so I will add cinnamon raisin toast, which I know Hack loves, PB, nanners, and fresh peach muffins which I know that Rick loves. And I figure the rest of us will also enjoy these things.

Hack. I am so glad that you鈥檙e hearing and you鈥檙e balancing has improved. They really do go hand-in-hand. One time this year I went to immediate care to be tested for Covid and while I was there, I asked to have my right ear cleaned out because the ringing was worse than usual. After they cleaned out that ear I was dizzy and had to get my wits about me. Okay no rude comments from the peanut calorie about me getting my wits about me.馃お馃お

Hope your day goes well, especially the celebration of life of your brother. I had forgotten that he passed this year, and I鈥檓 sorry about your loss.馃槩. Lift him up in proper style. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rick, I don鈥檛 blame you one bit for not wanting to drive through miserable traffic to go to an LFS out of town. BLECK! I look forward to seeing whatever you decided to post about moving tanks.

Vinnie! I didn鈥檛 get to see the show, but from what Hack said, was my loss. Congratulations! I knew you would do a great job! You have so much to offer.

i鈥檓 feeling much better today. I still have an appetite but it seems like things are more settled in my tummy.

I noticed a little green checkmark as a possibility to use for an emoji. I tried to look that up but I couldn鈥檛 find any info on it in updates. How is that different from the 鈥渓ike鈥 option?

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning Cath!
THANK YOU for the well wishes for Us today.....there will be UP LIFTING DONE THIS DAY....

The new emoji, the CHECK MARK, from my understanding is if there's a SERIES OF REPLYS, it would designate the one you thought fit the best.
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
......yeah, they're never too long......just depends on how many days it takes for us to read them and get back to you.....then THAT becomes on US! 馃榿
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Good morning Cath!
THANK YOU for the well wishes for Us today.....there will be UP LIFTING DONE THIS DAY....

The new emoji, the CHECK MARK, from my understanding is if there's a SERIES OF REPLYS, it would designate the one you thought fit the best.
Hack
Yup. Indicates a best answer or good advice.

Cath, I always have my wits about me at work. Unfortunately they are all nit-wits.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup. Indicates a best answer or good advice.
YEAH, but there's still SOOOOOOO MANY TIMES a POST requires/deserves.....MANDATES multiple responses to the point one isn't even given because of the confusion.....the 'GOOD, BAD, and UGLY' often appear in the same POST. :unsure: :oops:
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
.......Look at me when I show a picture of the 3 of Us together in a Family portrait.
Hack
:ROFLMAO:

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talking about my undeniable worthiness for inclusion to the 'Procrastinators Club', ("If'n I ever get around to paying my dues."), ......
Gas Wood Flooring House Hardwood

Drinkware Tableware Serveware Cup Wood

.....Here is is pert near August, ......AND!

Has anyone else still not found/removed all Their hidden Easter Eggs?
Hack
("Thank God for plastic.....I recall this same scenario back when they weren't. :oops: ")

Super Moderator
Morning all,
First job after coffee was to give middle dawg Scruffy a b-a-t-h. (dunno why I spelled it out NOW. He鈥檚 done , haha). Put in a call to his Aunt Barb ( groomer friend ) to get him on for a nail trim . He鈥檚 the only one here that I don鈥檛 do nails since he freaked big time when he first came here,, cowered in his crate the rest of the day . Hence why he goes up north for Aunt Barb for a visit . Both enjoy the time together, 鈥淪cruffy 鈥 dawgs are Barb鈥檚 favs.( and Scruff enjoys the after trim attention)

Max鈥檚 vet called yesterday, to offer condolences for Buddy , and to ask how Max was doing . She is super pleased with his progress , bathroom duties on his own outside, walking better every day.
In a week he will get kiddie pool aqua therapy here, deep enuf to help support hi and have him walk about in the pool.

Overcast n damp outside, might lower the back yard in the grass dries out more ,, if not , whenever.

I try to watch some of Shark Week, when the shows are not 鈥渂ite鈥 natured ( I get it , sharks have teeth馃檮)
Saw that a show on a huge , possibly a new species of Hammerhead shark that frequents the 7 mile Bridge ( and others) in the Keys ,, so of course I DVR鈥檇 it . Along with the 鈥渟een/dove that鈥 and 鈥渂een there鈥 stuff, it鈥檚 just cool to see the Keys underwater .

On to the day,,

Hope everyone is having a great one馃憤馃徏

Administrator
Good mornin all, gonna be HOT today, new fan not much help. Some of the staff are really unhappy, to the point of looking elsewhere :( last shift today maybe, we shall see.
Ji missed the show, where might I find it.?

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts