The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........HAPPY FRIDAY......and welcome to the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND! Remember to only cross the street at CROSS WALKS!

Driving through a 'shore community', especially on the 'beach block' can be hazardous to your health! The scenes from the other day's trivia, 'Where the boys are', and a quality guess, 'Jaws', is an accurate depiction of the chaos one encounters here. Not only are the beach goer's/revelers distracted and not paying attention as they cross the road willy-nilly, the drivers are often in the same frame of mind distracted by the, .... 🤔....'attire, or LACK OF' of folks, and trying to figure out where they are going. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Public service announcement is over.....

Coffee is up, and so am I since 3:45 this morning.....no particular reason other than I am. Got a craving for PB+J 'orange marmalade' on buttermilk waffles......Soooooo high expectations I will have some.

Friday at the boatyard this weekend should be nutty......BUT....rain perhaps this afternoon, and tomorrow may alter this, or make our lives truly miserable?

Hope a wonderful weekend embraces All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the PB and orange marmalade waffles, Hack. Some sliced nanners on top would be good too.
A dose of grooviness sent your way to get you through not only today, but tomorrow with a possibility of rain both days! It sounds historic for the Chamber to talk about the R word. 😂

We really need rain here. Good thing though is it will be cooler on Sunday.

Hoping that Jeff will pop in sometime soonish.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Good Morning Hack and Cath, PB marmalade waffles sounds good, coffee is on iff'n you need more.
Missin Jeff I hope he is doing alright.
56 at 8:45 here heading yo 80 something. Now that the plugs and switches are on line i just need to put a new wall heater in place of the old one. Should be fairly easy. Hoping i get the new exhaust fan soon so I can swap it before the really hot sets in.
Good Luck at work Hack, keep your head down and be safe

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Doug - Good job on that electrical work, etc! You’ve done way more that your share of that job. You do us proud around here.

Hack - What Doug said about keeping your head low and safe, by golly. Hope you are headache free today.

Big mixed salad for my lunch today. I’ll be happy to share.

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Thanks Cath, now I have to find wall studs to secure it to wall, then the fun begins ;)

·
Administrator
46,887 Posts
Waqll heater is in place, thermostat wired, breaker on and doing the 30 burn off mfgr oils and such, then turn down to click. If it goes off, put the trim and covers back on and pop Champagne( actually pour Irish)

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Thanks Cath, now I have to find wall studs to secure it to wall, then the fun begins ;)
Waqll heater is in place, thermostat wired, breaker on and doing the 30 burn off mfgr oils and such, then turn down to click. If it goes off, put the trim and covers back on and pop Champagne( actually pour Irish)
Wooohooooo, Doug! That sounds like a winner!
You deserve a great supper, too. What will that be?

As for me, Cream of leftovers of brown rice with Brussels sprouts, onions, baby Bella, sautéed in balsamic vinegar, with chopped walnuts on top. Plenty to share.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hot dogs, Sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and naked beans. Have a Carrot cake for desert, and LOTS of DD's showing up as Hack's having a sleepless over tonight. Rain is moving in, and gale warnings with heavy rains go up at 6:00 am......just in time to head to the boatyard.

Think there needs to be a movie in my future, as yet undecided. Can't truly enjoy a cold piece of Carrot cake without a movie and a nap.

Peace and wonderful hopes,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,082 Posts
Yummmy supper there, Hack. A sleepover for Nate, eh? I was wondering when he was going to have one of those again.

Movie and a nap. Sounds familiar...😜

Why on EARTH would your boss call you in with those conditions?

Grooviness for all!

Wupsie, I forgot to post this comment last night. Doh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts