The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I was watching a movie (The Patriot) in the basement. Danielle came down just as one of the good battle scenes was starting and was watching it with me when we heard a LOT of water running. She had started a bath and got distracted by the movie. The bathroom was flooded, we had water cascading down the stairs and through the ceiling. Thankfully we have a ton of towels, otherwise we would be drying off with paper towels after our showers tomorrow morning. I don't know how many gallons of water was spilled, but it was literally raining in our entry way!

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
:bigeek: AAAAccccckkk!!

Was your orange chair damaged? :funny:

I knew there was a reason to always have a gazillion towels in the house!

....maybe I should watch that movie- sounds like a guddun!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear. You know you could have called and I would have been happy to come over and help clean up! :) I'm just a phone call away! :)

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Wow, don't ya love how all them long brutal hours sharpens one senses and encourages clear thinking under pressure.
Geez Danielle, I hope it lightens up, some day you will look back and be glad its way behind you.
Glad it was no worse though, so does this make you and Andy even on the MH on the carpet ;) ?

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Flood is under control... It was probably only about 3-5 gallons - it just sounded like a hell of a lot more when it came crashing through the ceiling. The house is cookie-cuttered together, and as water seeped (or rushed, as I'm sure Andy describes it ;) ) under the baseboards, it came out along the edge of the staircase. I think it dried out alright, but I've been away all day. It only took us about a half-hour to clean it up.

On the bright side, the bathroom and foyer smell like lavendar now. :D

I could make a plea that I was just really tired, but it was actually that *someone* said "Ooh - this is a really good part!"

It is a good movie - I've just never seen it all. :rolleyes:

Danielle

PS. I don't know if we're "even" as far as the carpet goes. My carpet is still melted... ;) Ah, the lives of reefers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.