The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......making up for the past 2 days.

Good morning Everyone, and......HAPPY THURSDAY!
68F heading to 80 and a 'STORMY 100% RAINY DAY' without a single blip on the radar? Someone's wrong?

Was a relatively peaceful night round here.....Everyone seems to have gotten some much needed sleep.....Jen is still making 'lumber' asleep in the chair.

Heading to work as I think Jen n Nate have this today......just needs time to heal,

Coffee is up, and fresh out of the toaster Frosted Cherry Pop Tarts for whoever eats them.
Lets hope for peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EDIT!

Forgot there's Blueberry as well as Banana Nut muffins available......so yeah, you van have a Pop Tart if Ya want, but I'm going for the muffin route myself.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,798 Posts
I am in for Cherry Pop Tarts Hack! Good morning Sir. Good morning to all who follow.

I have a member of one of my sites coming through town today & tomorrow so we hope to get a chance to meet and tip a pint. Gotta get through work then maybe some fun.

Have a great day all.

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!
Hack, I’m glad to hear that your household is rested, and that Jen is feeling some better! I bet with that surprise rain, you will get to come home early! 5¢
I’ll have a blueberry muffin. And I’m adding toasted English muffins with cream cheese, apple butter, and nanners.

Rick!! That sounds like so much fun this afternoon and tomorrow! I hope your work goes fast for you today.

I hope Shelby has a good time on her vacation. I can understand if you’re not liking the Nola traffic. How does it compare to Atlanta?

The way we got vacation and sick leave at the library was very generous. After we were vested, we got one day of vacation and sickleave for every month that we worked. After 10 years we got one and a half days of vacation every month that we work and I think it changed again when after we were there 20 years.( vacation days did too out, though. Races were not great, though and rarely did we get a bonus. After all, we were a county agency. I do have state retirement though. When I neared my retirement date I didn’t use vacation or sick leave much at all so I got to count that as part of my years of service and I got payment some kind. We had an excellent benefits package, and some people still complained about pay.🤔 I lovemy job, but there were some days that it was a real physical and emotional challenge.

I didn’t sleep worth a hoot last night. Maybe it has something to do with prednisone that I’m taking. I woke up feeling much better than Tuesday.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Retired Wanderer
22,589 Posts
Morning everyone.

Big culture of NO to break up at work. Way too much friction at my new gig. Hopefully it is cyclic.

Staying way up my bedtime to watch a little football tonight.

Enjoy your day!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,729 Posts
Good morning everyone,
Cath traffic is bad in New Orleans but don’t think as bad as Atlanta. It maybe because I’m use to Nola, Baton Rouge traffic is terrible too.
Going to be hot here fir the next few days.
Have a great day

·
Super Moderator
24,423 Posts
Morning all,
Went up north to mom’s this morning to spell Sis for a bit . She needed a break and to tend to her dawgs/parrots and take a shower at her place.
Mom is not doing great, memory etc losing ground.
Between the progression of the cancer and the meds, 😔😔.

Gonna run up there tonite so sis can tend to her critters again.

Will fill in the time until I head back north, with some form of busywork here. Temps are down for the first /soon day of fall, winds are kicking up too. Oughta make for “comfy” conditions for this fella that sweats looking at a pic of a palm tree🙄🥴.

Hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

·
Retired Wanderer
22,589 Posts
Perry, that’s tough situation at your work! I hope you can stay clear of it.
It is senior manager on senior manager out there. Great role model for the troops. I even got guff for a good attitude and "sucking up" actually doing my job.

Vinnie, Atlanta traffic sucks. Boston is the worst ever though.

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
Jeff - You and your sis spelling out time to spend with your mom is the best way to handle things. Keeps you from getting worn out too much, and gives you time to clean up and so forth and do chores at home. How long a drive is it for you, not that it matters. You go up there anyway. No question.

How are your doggy friends and your birds doing?

Perry, that’s awful working conditions! Good grief for getting called down about your positive attitude and doing your job!

A man that used to be my neighbor is from Boston. And he said as bad as Boston is, Spartanburg is worse the way people drive. Ignoring red lights all the time. That is a real problem around here. I once saw four cars go through the same red light!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,729 Posts
Good afternoon,

Just got back from dropping 6 seahorses at my local fish store. They told me my actually look better then Alyssa’s seahorses. Made me feel good. Hopefully they sell fast and I can bring another bunch .

·
Administrator
61,123 Posts
Cool on the ponies Vinny, Perry work hassles sux had other jobs, nother one out there. Jeff Sorry to hear about Mom. I did hospice support for years, Didn't realize what a toll it took till I didnt have to anymore.
MY WEEKEND IS ON :)

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah Cath, got home from the creek sorta early thanks to the heavy rains showing up.....after a couple of hours of the 'light rains' getting me socked. Temps dropped almost 20 degrees kinda fast, and the chills hit. So hot shower felt great.
Got Chicken parms for dinner w/ mashed potatoes, cauliflower n cheese, peas, pickled beats and tomato gravy. Nice hot meal on a chilly evening.

Perry I think it's high time you create your own business.....and as a bonus you can fire some of these slugs and give them a taste of their own medicine. And on a positive note......find some deserving folks with a good attitude and bring them on board.

The boss told me today he had to fire me.....had to fire all of us! Now that I have your undivided attention.....Has a 'signed' contract for the boatyard.....may/may not go through....lots of 'ifs'. But the attorney said when the time comes he had to 'fire us' so the new owner/owners could hire us on board. Even IF this freight train stops at this station, still looking at probably next summer before this is a thing.

Feeling 'better' Cath at the expense of of loosing a wee bit of sleep sounds most acceptable to me.....so you're good! (y)

Time to check on dinner,
Hack

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
COOL on the weekend Doug.....release the inner party animal!(y)
Hack

·
Super Moderator
35,685 Posts
Good evening everyone! Today has been a blur of activities, and it goes on. At 7:00 I have my zoom Civitan meeting.

7:30 to 8:30 is weekly hymn sing.

Remember that tomorrow morning I will be having coffee and breakfast with friends. Not sure what time I’ll be back in to say good morning. Everyone have a groovy evening, take care of yourselves, and get some good sleep tonight.

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
......NOW pray tell Y'All, how in the blue honey suckle blazes did we let the FIRST DAY OF FALL slip tween the cracks!?! :unsure: :(

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!:cool: Hands down my favorite season of the year.....well except for summer of course....then there is winter......but MAN spring is kinda cool also. Well the Fall is definitely in my top 4 favorite list of the seasons.....GUARANTEED!;)
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
22,589 Posts
Geez Hack. Sounds like pot luck on a new owner.

I am going to stick out my job. Got a ton of great production folks out there that need theirs. Good $$$ for a while is good to regroup with.

Reactions: hackshobby

·
Administrator
20,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Geez Hack. Sounds like pot luck on a new owner.
Yeah, but I'm sooooo close to deciding on 'retirement' Perry, that it'll just take a wee push to help me decide. Well beyond the point of 'being nice' to a new boss if'n I don't like the party.

Hack

1 - 20 of 23 Posts