The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I am close to maxed out on fish in my tank. I have a 120 Gallon long tank. Im running a 30 gallon sump with a 10 gallon refugium to improve filtration. My tank is a mixed reef and my current fish include: Powder Brown Tang(3-4 inch) Blonde Naso Tang(4inch) yellow tang(4 inch) 2 true perc clowns, 1 firefish(1-2 inch) 1 Lawn mower blenny, and 1 diamond goby. I also have around 12 scarlet hermits, 10 blue leg hermits and 10 astrea snails. I would like to add a Achilles tang as they are my faverite but I dont want to over load my livestock. I know there might be a compatability issue with him and my powder brown but I have had good luck getting my fish to co-exist. I am hoping some one has a tank out there with a similar size tank with lots of tangs in it.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
The achilles and the powder brown would not coexist in a tank that size, so I wouldnt recommend it. I'd also point out that the naso is a really big fish, over 16" as an adult, so I wouldnt try to cram many more fish in your setup. I'd say your at the limit when it comes to surgeonfish.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
The achilles and the powder brown would not coexist in a tank that size, so I wouldnt recommend it. I'd also point out that the naso is a really big fish, over 16" as an adult, so I wouldnt try to cram many more fish in your setup. I'd say your at the limit when it comes to surgeonfish.
absolutely agree 1000%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts