The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,just a general question about test kits.I have a recently cycled reef tank and am going through fish only cycle.My reef tank parameters are fine as are the tests so far in the fish only,however with one observation,if I leave the ammonia for the required 5 minutes it is the correct colour as far as my old eyes can tell (5ppm api ) however if I continue to leave the sample it moves up towards the 0.25 .I know the colours are hard to judge but after a while it is definitely moving from the mustard yellow towards a light green. This applies to both tanks.Never really noticed this problem with freshwater.Is this normal if you leave a sample for some time.In answering my own question I need to get a red sea or salifert test kit to make a comparison.Any views on which are the better.Thanks in anticipation of any responses

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
If you do not check the results at the indicated length of time, the results will not be correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry if I caused confusion,the test was correct after the 5 minutes,but I noticed that if I left the vial for more than the 5 minutes the colour changed,wanted to know if that would normally happen,thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts