The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty, so I thought everyone should know this, my lil lion fish came down with ich somehow, like a fool I had some rid ich, dont use that ever! That soon spread to his eyes and gave him cloudy eye really bad. So I went to TFS&M and talked with one of the guys there, I wish I remembered his name, (im so bad with those) needless to say he pointed me to some meds called Metronidazole which treats several protozoan and anaerobic bacterial diseases and KanaPlex which treats several fungal and bacterial diseases. You dose both every 2 days up to 3 times, I'm on the second treatment and oh my, my fish is looking amazing! I'm so grateful to have them close and have the knowledge to help sav my baby :) So if for any reason your fish comes down with ich or any of the more common diseases, these meds make a night and day difference, that and they are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fowlr, tho I'm sure these meds dont do too well with corals and inverts or even the LR, hence why you should always hosp. your sick animals and treat ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts