The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hubby and i bought a randall's pistol shrimp and a tangaroa goby about a month ago... the shrimp was soooo tiny, that when he went into the tank, i didn't expect to see him again for ages, if ever....
(this is him in a turbo snail-shell he hid in during transport from lfs, and my fingers, not hubby's, lol, for perspective)

well last night, i was enjoying my tank and saw a puff of sand where there's usually not much current.... so i went for a closer look... and sure enough, it's my little shrimp, excavating tunnels under a piece of l-r front/center of my tank! woooohooooo! i'm still grinning @ finding him alive and well, lol

what's the longest one of your tank residents has been MIA only to be found safe and sound and happy?

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Grumpy the yellow watchman goby disappeared day 1 of being added to my nano. six months later I found him in the back chamber. He is not yellow anymore, more of a grey :)

I also added a rbta and it disappeared day also. Four months later I found it in my sump in the basement. Not sure how it survived with no light for that long.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I had a ricordea that went MIA for 2-3 weeks, before I found him attached to a rock at the back of the tank (to my disappointment and joy lol).

·
Registered
680 Posts
its funny how that happens, finding of lost treasures,......i lost a chili frag, it was in a hole in the center of lr, seems if they get away they always grab hold where ya cant see em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts