The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First post here.

I just purchased a 48" Coralife T5 HO light fixture for my 55 gallon tank. The fixture has 2 vents for cooling fans on the top but only one of them has a fan in it. One of the vents is just the grate with no fan, motor or plugs. Is there only supposed to be one fan? It doesn't even appear that I could buy a fan and install it there because there is no plug to power a fan there.

Any help would be appreciated. I really hope I don't have to pack this thing up and ship it back.

·
Lost At Sea
1,505 Posts
Welcome to TRT

I cannot say for that specific size, but generally there is an inlet and outlet(with fan). The fan draws the warm air out from inside the unit and there is often another grated inlet on the opposite end to draw cooler air inside.

I did find a specific listing on ebay for a Coralife type where the description states fanS - so that would indicate there should be two: http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Coralife-Lunar-Aqualight-4-Lamp-T5-HO-Fixture-/350442204206

If you can provide the Coralife model (Aqualight, Nova Extreme, etc) we can give you a better answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The fixture is the 48" High Output Lunar Aqualight by Coralife. 4x54w bulbs with 4 moonlight leds. I left a message with Coralife and am now waiting to hear back.

Here's the link to the site where I bought it: www . roxiespetden . com/Coralife-Aqualight-T5-Ho-Lunar-Fixture_p_49623.html

The forum won't allow me to post links yet. Just remove the spaces before and after roxiespetden

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I believe I just figured it out. It appears that the vent with the fan is pulling in the cool air and the hot air is being expelled through the other empty vent grate. Seems to make sense now. Sorry for the confusion. This is my first salt tank and I don't want anything to be off lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts