The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. So I am about to buy another tank. I have a 55 gallon right now, a fowlr...Now I am looking at upgrading and found what i think is a deal, but I was hoping to get some of your opinions on the matter before i close the deal. It is a 75 gallon Oceanic, Reef ready aquarium, Cherry wood stand, power compact lights, ( the ones before the T-5) a 40 gallon sump, and a powerhead...for an extra 25.00. Does this sound pretty complete? A good buy? He said the setup is about a year old..is getting out of hobby for a while.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
got any pics? depending on the condition......but if its anything other than like new its a lil high the lights are worthless so you are basically getting a tank,stand and a powerhead. is this on cragislist? if so post a link

·
Registered
200 Posts
overall, its a good deal because of the skimmer and pump. However, if you really want to upgrade, save that money and get a system that is all in one. I have an acryllic 75 gal that has the overflow, skimmer and wet/dry all in one. It is awesome and it has holes lining the bottom and sides of the back wall for water flow. I made some very minor modifications so it is pretty sweet! This tank cost $475. If you are interested, Lmk and i will look in my file for the company name.. I had it for several years....

·
Registered
310 Posts
What kind of skimmer and pump?

But even if they arernt the best its still worth the money if thats what your looking for. The tank and stand probably cost about 500 new so your doing alright at half the cost. Id perfet to see the tank before u having it delivered, make sure the tank is actually only 1 year old and the silicone isnt dried out. But if thats what you want id go for it, if your thinking maybe a different size then put some thought into if the money is worth the compromise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.