The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally have enough cash to be able to get my tank drilled in the back and get the surface suction thing... i can't remember what its called but yeah. in addition to that i have saved enough $ for the sump design i wanted to get. :nuts:

But before i want to get things done i want to know about getting some other fish in place of my porcupine puffer... he's far too shy and i wanted to get some anemones in the tank so my clown is happier(i want a cleaner shrimp too).
So far i have a lawnmower blenny, a bullit goby, an ocellaris clown, a six line wrasse & that porcupine puffer. I had 2 damsels earlier but they got too aggressive and the puffer ate them, not whole but my sis thought that the puffer was too small to harm the damsels and man was she wrong. lol. we were feeding him plenty but i think he was getting pissed off about how the damsels were acting. lol.

Anyways i wanted to get a sailfin tang, some anithias, and blue green chromis with a cleaner shrimp.... is that an overload of fish?
I know that sailfins need a lot of swimming room and hence why they recommend at least 100 gals. i only have 75 gals. I don't want to overload the tank, but i was thinking if i were to get a 100 gal tank with the holes already installed. Should i do that instead?? or can i keep the sailfin while its small in my 75 gal?
Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,746 Posts
As that puffer gets larger, you will find it eats more and more of your livestock.
For tangs I really recommend the Kole tang, it's smaller and requires much less room. It would be fine in a 75 gallon tank.

Clowns don't need an anemone so don't feel rushed to get one. I only recommend them for tanks that are at least a year old and of course have plenty of lighting.

As for the tank...to me...the 100 gallon idea sounds really good and that's the route I would tank if it were me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha ok thanks! @tcamos thats exactly why i want to get rid of it! my sister had seen the cute pufferfish that like to follow people at the LFS but we got stuck with an super shy and lazy puffer that doesn't like people at all. i looked at the kole tang and i heard that they have issues with lawnmower blennies and get aggressive towards other fish. That's just what i saw from the reviews. But if i were to have the lawnmower blenny, six-line wrasse, ocellaris clown, bullit goby, with the sailfin tang, a cleaner shrimp, 2 anthias and 3 blue green chromis. would that be too much for the 100 gal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts