The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some are pissed, but some are getting acclimated...
Green bubble coral
green open brain
candy cane
frogspawn
hammer coral (really angry now)
various shrooms
encrusting monti
flowerpot
frag with gsp? and some sort of pineapple hard coral...

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Hard to say for sure from the pic, but this one looks like it could have vermetid snails on the right and lower, right side of the plug:

I would inspect it close and see if those little tubes are hollow, with a "curly-q" on the bottom. If so, snap them off and scrape the area they were affixed very well.

A lot of tanks have them and they never really cause a problem, but I tore my 450 down after I went from a few to a few hundred thousand in a month! They send out little webs, which can irritate the polyps of SPS and other corals, keeping them from opening up and subsequently receeding.

Otherwise, that a nice patch of corals you got:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it all at my LFS called Jeff's Exotic Fish here in Orange County, CA. Pretty fortunate... its right around the corner!

They're gorgeous! Where did you get the purple monti? And shots are fantastic.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Got it all at my LFS called Jeff's Exotic Fish here in Orange County, CA. Pretty fortunate... its right around the corner!
Where abouts is that store? I live in Oceanside and would love to see another nice fish store :)

Thanks!! Tami

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The closest to you is in Costa Mesa, Dont know the exact address, but it is between Fair and Wilson off of Harbor blvd.

It is a new store (round a year) and is starting to get some rad pieces. I think that they had around 10 of those purple guys. Pretty awesome... Quite a few helpful employees also. The owner Jeff is really cool, so is one of the employees Eric. He is the tatted up guy with the goatee. They have scored me some really good deals on stuff. I recommend them.

reefmo

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
awesome corals mo, im sure they will all be happy in no time.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
very nice

the monti is fabulous
and I like the one under it as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts