The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran out of my liquid CA additive and went back to Tropic Marins powdered CA supplement. after about a week of using the Tropic Marin CA I noticed my alkalinity has creped up to 12. I am dosing kent's Super Buffer DkH in my top off water at 1 TBspoon every 2-3 days with 6 gallons of top off.

CA is ~400
PH is 8.2
KH is 12

So the course of action currently is to do nothing and see if it comes down on its own. perhaps cut back the CA to 2 times per week. My question is should I be concerned enough to do something about it?

I haven't researched this in a while so I am off to start the research this morning.
Thanks George

<O:p</O:p

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
sorry, bad way of writing that. i was wondering what you were trying to keep it at? 12 is just a touch high for a Ca reading of 400. i would not worry about it. just not dose it next time and test a bit more often. maybe shoot for a level of 10.

G~

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct I am shooting for a level of 10. It has historically been 10 with the liquid (Purple Up) addative I was using. Just could not afford to keep buying it. Thus going back to the Powder I had.

Thanks

The current plan is to do exactly what you suggested. Just wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts