The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my two turbo snails out of my 12 gal. nano and replaced them with 3 astrea snails. They are not doing a very good job, but the turbo snails are so big, they knock over all of my frags and corals. Anyone out there have any solutions? More astreas? I can't find any small turbos.
J

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's about 3 mos. old. It is green algae. I may have a little too much sunlight going on, but the turbos did a pretty good job at keeping it clean. I'm starting to get spots of coraline algae all over, which is pretty exciting(hey, I'm new).
J

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I have seen many people talk about glueing rock and corals so they don't move. I personally havent had to cause most my frags are branching and was able to wedge them in the rock so they dont move. After a few months I quit getting the green algae on my rock so try and be patient.

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
I would just keep up with waterchanges and the smaller snails you have maybe add another astea snail. As Jena said Algae is part of the tanks maturing process just don't let it get out of hand :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah I probably would just either let it sit for about another week to see what happens with it... like if it spreads. Maybe add another astrea? Maybe even 2 :) :agree:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone, somehow I lost track of this thread. I'm going to post up here in a different thread to ask some more general questions.
J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts