The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if these guys work well? the website i saw them on says they ONLY eat aiptaisa but will they eat rock anemonies???? or zoos?

·
TCMAS Member
3,023 Posts
I don't think they eat Zoos, but I believe they look a lot like the Zoo eaters. You may to email a few suppliers to see what types of Anemones they do eat.

They can be expensive, but from what I read, once they get going and reporducing, it's game over for Aptaisia. Once they (the aptaisia) are gone, you will need to fish the nudies out and get them to another tank with aptaisia's or they will starve to death.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
there were a few people in the club that had problems with them eating other things besides aptasia's.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Actually the Berghias and the zoa eating ones are different yet look remarkablly the same. Having the zoa eating nudis before leads me to never put a similiar looking nudi in the tank period. I think sea monkey will attest to that, having gone through the same plague also at one time. Your best bet IMO is pepermint shrimp.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats cool i have a couple aiptasia and a few rock anenomies floating a round in there that i do not want to become a problem and i have a few hitchhiker zoos i think they are para zoos??? big ugly brown ones that are multiplying like mad, they need to go!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't have many zoos in the tank i like and IMO opinion i think i might even trade em away soon and stick with SPS and very select LPS

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Matt, if you only have a few pest anemones I would just do the kalk thing, or the lemon juice thing, and get a peppermint for any little ones you may not see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nudis

I have had a few in my time and they work very well! Never had them eat anything else though. The big problem with them is that they disappear after a short while. Overflows, filters, powerheads, etc. Who knows for sure. Best way to make sure you keep them aroud is to put them in a nano and just keep on exchanging rock around till the dreaded scourge is gone. Hope this is helpful! :wavey:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JnS said:
use a blow torch and cook them if you want to get rid of them or bleach the rock.
thats not a viable option as i do not want to pull all the rock out! there are only a few floating a round in there so i wanna get a handel on it now before its a big issue

also what eats alge that looks like tufts of grass?? i got two little pieces growing, never seen it before, almost looks like green tinsle!!

if any of you more advanced reefers would be able to come to my house one day and gie me some advice on that kind of stuff i would REALLY appreciate it!

-matt egan

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
That algae sounds like bryopsis. I had good luck with lettuce nudis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts