The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lfs is expecting my new 75gl RR and stand in this 2sday! so today, i got plans to purchase my oceanic sump today, but it will need a slight modification if i choose to go with it. the lfs is willing to modify it for me, which requires adding a 9" glass divider to mount the tunze calcium reactor and protien skimmer, to allow for the proper level of water for operation. i like the 30gl. glass sump, it is set up for a dual input and output, so if i choose to add on a small propagation tank off to the side later, i can have both tanks sharing the same sump. so, anyhow, looks like somethings are coming together (at least the big bulky items)!
:cool:

i also scored 2 fire corals, and had the pleasure of feeling thier sting after i moved them into place..... a cold beer in hand resolved that incident:beer:

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
Ahhh... the addiction rages on for yet another reef victim. ;) Congratulations on your plans and your corals, here's to bigger and better tanks! :beer:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:dance: hooray for you! the big bulky things are the best. i'm expecting my 75g big bulky thing on saturday :)

let's see some pics when it comes in. i'd like to see the way they made your overflow and where the holes are drilled etc...

i could almost be happy with jsut a tank, and plumbing to stare at :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all the voices in my head agree that i'm in the late stages of reefer madness:help:
i also decided that a kent aquadose jug would be great for my 20gl. nano-reef setup. which i was fortunate to still be able to use. it seems my cat has a fetish for poly tubing, and left pucture tears from him clawing on the roll, so every 4-5" as you unwind it, it kept getting worse... thankfully i had enough left on one end to connect it up to the powerhead port.
:cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh no...

i don't belive this... they didn't ship my tank and stand today. they (oceanic systems) are in dallas, i'm in austin. its only 225 miles away.... i had planned on going to dallas, to loot and pillage tpeck's tank, but decided to stay home and wait for my tank. had i realized they were in dallas, i could backed my truck up to their dock and picked it up while i was up there! dang it! its just not fair. i don't want to wait another week......
awe shucks...
:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts