The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have an aggressive damsel that i started my tank with and now that I am adding more fish he is being very aggressive towards them. I went to the pet store and they said separate him from the rest, so I did. Now I am wondering how long i have to separate him for? I also was told to re arrange some of the rocks, I did that also. It has been three days just wondering if I should let him back with the rest of the fish now???

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks
Erica

·
Registered
636 Posts
I would try to put him back with the rest of the fish now. Rearranging rocks should help too. If he is still agressive it may be best to remove him from the tank. Damsels can be little devils lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ya its luck of the draw. i have a blue damsel and he doesnt bother anything. i would imagine if you have had it out of the tank for a few days...and you re-added it. he would be the "newcomer" and hopefully your problem will be over. if you dont want to risk it then trade him in

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
If not strap a 1$ bill to his neck and send him on his way...

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
That's pretty funny. Perhaps better to attach a coupon for a free net!

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
How big is the tank and what other fish are you adding? Damsels, most of them, are notoriously aggressive, especially in smaller tanks with fish they can bully. If it is a smaller tank and you are adding firefish, for example, chances are they will always be aggressive toward them and cause problems. If it is a larger tank with plenty of room for everyone (as the fish define it, not us) then the rearranged rock and temporary isolation may be enough to resolve the issue as the new fish have had time to stake out a territory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts