The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i filled up another tank. I miss my salty tank, but i just can't keep up with one.

Anyway i put my 30 gallon planted tank back together after lugging it up from the basement to the second floor. and then lugged up its 55lb of EcoComplete substrate in a 5 gallon bucket or two. I also dragged up the other 30 gal (formerly my 46's sump) to house my daughter's Albino PacMan frog, who had been living in a 10 gallon tank...

this all was an operation which necessitated a 6pack of sammy adam's heffeweizen at close.

So, basically what i am saying is that i am once again, no longer tankless and announcing "I am BACK" ---at least for a limited engagement as far as finding myself with lots less free time than i had over a year ago due to job and all that family stuff.:clown:

:arg:

Anyway, my tank is now inhabited by a couple pearl colored platys (my perennial favorites) some guppies, (also a childhood fave) some opalescent danios (which are new to me, i have only had zebra, long-finned, and giant types) and some cute little tetras whose type i cant remember, they got little red tips to their fins ... anyway and also one of those top-hanging out Butterfly fish and a pair of corydoras.

The plants are temporarily plastique untill the live ones gain a foothold again, but i am happy to be once more "TANKED" :agree:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Good to see you back and gettin your hands wet again

Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
icebear said:
and i still have to cover the rust on the iron stand
If you really want to get rid of the rust, instead of covering it, it would be better. As the rust grows it will weaken the frame.

Sand down the rusted areas and using a rust convertor to fix the pits would help. Then top coat the entire frame with a high gloss enamel for protection. Using a product like Benjamin Moore's High Gloss Metal & Wood will have a rust inhibitor built in.

Or you could just buy a new stand, might be cheaper overall. and some cities limit what spray cans can be sold in thier limits, like Chicago does here....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts