The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon ARC, I think I am ready to add fish!!!! My tank has been up and running now for a little over 2 1/2 mos. Aug 12 being three. The question I have is what is a really good stock tank? Including invertbrate and cleaning crew. I am a newbie to the hobby and would like for my tank to be colorful and full of life!!! I intend on getting more mushrooms and soft corals soon, but for now I am looking at fish!!!! All advice is welcomed!!!
Thanks Darieus

55 gal SW
60-70#'s LR
40#'s LS
Prizm protein skimmer
40-60 Aquaclear filter
3 powerheads
1 2x65w PC with lunar lights

BULLSEYE MUSHROOM
PULSING XENIA

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I love my clownfish, you just cant go wrong with one or a mated pair!, i also have a Coral Banded Shrimp, he has great personality but can be aggressive sometimes aka no other shrimp can be kept with him. Depending on your lighting you could get a clam too in a couple of months they are a great addition and some have beautiful colors.

·
Registered
874 Posts
personally I wouldnt get a clam unless you have MH lighting and your tank has been matured for at least 1 yr. But thats just my 2 pennies. You can do quite a bit in a 55, do you know as far as corals go if you want to stay with softies or go with sps type? You could load up with softies with your lighting, if you want sps or more harder corals to keep, you will need to upgrade lighting. As far as fish go, there are quite a few you can go with, really all depends on what you like to look at. Cleaning crew, contact KevinWholder he'll hook you up with a nice cleaning crew kit and get you 10% off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts