The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the reef hobby for a little over a year, I purchased the 90 gallon in the picture lock stock and barrell and moved it. I would like to re-aquascape it, and looking for ideas and advice. The 29g, i started from scratch and would like any comments on it as well. The third pic is some shrooms that were totally bleached, now that I have vut my lighting back from 12 hours a day to 9 they seem to be starting their recovery. Am I on the right track. Thanks in advance, I dont know as much as I should about the hobby, but all i have learned I learned here. I know one thing for sure, buy test kits! I made the mistake of buying some red sea kits early on, but Salifert is the only way to go now that I have started using them.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
comment

any comment on the bleached shrooms? I have a little lolor back in a few of them since turning down the light time. Also any recommendations on reorganizing the 90g?

thanks

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What color were those mushrooms originally? I think they were getting too much light but they will go back to thei original color once they settle.

As far as your 90gal, you could probably frag your GSP, it is taking over the left side of the tank. I really believe aquascaping is a very personal thing, I suggest you try moving stuff around then take a step back and look at your tank to see if you like it, try moving stuff a few times to see what works for you. Main thing is that you like the tank.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
The shrooms are very sensitive to light. Their color will come back as they get used to the light. As far as aquascaping are you wanting to completely redo? When I have to aquascape I take some of the tank water and put in tubs and put the corals in it. This will allow room to work and less chance for everything collapsing and damaging coral. In the meantime have some saltwater mixed and airating to add back to the tank when your done. If you decide to remove some of the sand bed I recommend doing a little at a time so you don't release to many toxins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts