The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Looking for some advice. I just adopted two sick fish, a coral beauty and a longfin banner fish. They were at Petco, the guy there knows that if he has fish on the way out I will take them home and try to do what I can,so these were the two he had forme today. They both have very cloudy eyes and the coral beauty may have one buldging. The coral beauty also has a white face kind of like it's lost color in it's face. I have them in an isolation tank and they are eating fine, the guy at Petco recomended pimafix and melafix, but I have never had much luck with either, plus I'm not very inclined to trust him as I don't reallybelieve he knows much about fish. Anyone have any suggestions? Cam anyone recommend a good treatment for them? Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Both links were very helpful! The guy at Petco told me it was a fungus, but I knew it wasn't. I've seen fungus before and this doesn't resemble the funguses I've seen anyway. I've decided to use maracyn, I've used it before with great results, so hopefully I can save them. I was thinking about buying one of the products from the first link, and then I noticed maracyn had the same active ingredients, so wish me luck and hopefully these little guys make it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's really sad, you go in the and all the fresh water section seems fine then you get to the saltwater guys and they look so so bad, crapped into small tanks and their fins are always so tattered and they just look so pitiful. I've saved a few, but most are so bad when I get them that they do not make it. I know they're not like dogs and they probably don't notice that their in a home and being taken care of, but I kinda feel better knowing at least they might not dye in a store with no love and care, and at least they have a better chance with me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad news! The longfin banner I just found dead, but on the bright side the coral beauty, who was the one who seemed the worst, is still alive and seems to be showing some real improvement. His eyes are almost clear, and the swelling is gone down considerably. Now I noticed his lips are very puffy and look bad, any idea about the lips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts