The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding more live rock to my tank. How does this affect cycling. Does it shock the system? I have about 60 lbs now and would like to add another 20 or so.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tank is 72 gallons. It's been up for a little over three months. I replaced my lighting with PC Fluorescents about three weeks ago. I've noticed much more growth on my existing LR recently. I have some small green broadleaf plants, about 4 feather dusters, some nice coraline recently.

I just removed my canister filter. I was having a problem with cyano. And thought I would add some more LR.

I've been reading the thread about raising liverock off of the sand. I'm thinking I might do that this weekend and add some additional rock while I'm at it.

Right now I only have some (4) shrimp and some (about) 10 snails and a black spiney urchin. I lost my fish to an ich break. I took them out to treat them with copper and lost all of them. The tank has been fishless for about 4 weeks now. I have a few blue green chromis in QT right now that I plan to add to the tank in about 2 1/2 weeks.

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
if you can set it up in another container and make sure its cured then you shouldnt have any problems. Plus if you have hitchhikers, you will have a better chance of gettting rid of them in a seperate container than when you have it set up in your show tank

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Get a rubbermaid tub, a heater, and a power head/pump. Fill the tub with either new SW, or some of the SW from your next water change.

Put the new LR in the tub...forget about it for a few weeks....test the water, and if it's cycled, add it to your tank without worry.

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts