The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding some more LS to my tank. I saw on another thread someone said to add it through a PVC pipe ??

-Paul

·
Registered
706 Posts
Prismaco,
Several ways to do it. The PVC tube works pretty well...you are still going to have some clowd though.

I have heard of people leaving it in a baggy dropping it all the way to the sand bed. then slowly "easing" the baggy out from under the sand...this method doesn't really allow the sand to "drop" thus you don't get a gravity related sand storm...either way you are going to get SOME cloudiness....the amount of cloudiness is directly related to how slow, and careful you do it.....and of course just how bad Mr Murphy hates you.

Dave

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Just dump it in as sand storms are good for your tank!! I purposely cause a sand storm 2 or 3 times a month!:D

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
You know Johnny, I prefer to create sandstorms by randomly allowing my powerheads to escape their suction cups. Now that's a sandstorm!

The PVC is just an idea - you'll get a bit of cloudiness regardless of what you do. If it's just a cup of LS, it shouldn't cause too many problems.

Danielle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts