The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my tank about 6 or so months ago. At start up I added 120 pounds of live sand and 70 pounds of cured live rock. I’m wanting to add more live rock….about another 40 or so. I originally wanted little or no live rock but I’m really getting in to corals now so….. I need more rock. You can see from my photo gallery how I currently have my rock. I was thinking of just building around my existing.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Well now to the question. Is this ok?? If I can do it do I have to go in spells say ……10 pounds at a time or can I just add a whole 40??
My lf has cured live rock. If that helps

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
If the rock is cured and you keep it wet until you get it to the tank you can add it all at 1 time

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
rinse it well in saltwater too might want to use a tooth brush and get as much debri off as possible.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
is it "cured" or is it cured. There is definitly a differance. If it is just "cured" then you may want to do 5 pounds per week or so be sure to test for ammonia. If it IS cured then you can prolly do 20 pounds per week but still test. Do the sniff test on it. The stinkier it is the less you want to put in at a time and the longer you want to wait between adds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts