The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever take a microphone, hook it up to an op-amp, invert and amplify the signal and use it to quiet down you aquarium? if so, did it work and where did you get the mike?

thanks,

bill

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
That's an interesting topic. I've heard in the past that some high end auto manufacturers were working on that to make their cars super quiet but I haven't heard much lately.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i found this schematic incase you wanted to build your own. imo, just about any microphone would work, the better the mic, the better the pickup it will capture, but that's justa guess. neat idea!
:cool:

·
Administrator
48,763 Posts
Hey now that looks like some interesting stuff. if it were easy to build or cheap and canceled waterfall noise, life would be sweeter :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the problem is that most of the noise around an aquarium is "white noise". pretty much impossible to get rid of. but it "should" be real easy using a 741 op-amp, a mike and a speaker to kill pump noise. eventually i'll try it and and post the skematic and results.

bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.