The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rotten Kitty
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to order a case of actinic phillips bulbs. They range from $10-$13+ shipping. If your interested let me know what size you want. You can run these at HO and VHO output with the proper ballast. I'm getting Several 2' that are 40watts output. If you know somebody locally that sells them for reasonable prices let me know. If you want to order let me know what you want and how many.

Thanks-:)

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Jimbo,

Have you check with Woody. I believe he sells the Phillips bulb and will probably match the price you are getting. This will save you some time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have 48's here and I'll order those you need. And I can cover those prices if you want to order a bunch, they ship in cases of 25 but you don't need to order all 25 - just don't order a couple. btw they don't fire as easily as uri bulbs - some ballasts are strange - beware

·
Rotten Kitty
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

I only need 4 of the 24" 40watt actinic bulbs, anybody else want to go in on this order? Check out philips website they have all types.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yup Woody Loves to match prices even if he has to raise his prices to do it Huh Woody :D Good to hear from ya bud.

Jeff

·
Rotten Kitty
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hay woody, thanks - I get paid on the 3rd, so lets let this thread ride, if you could post some prices for philips bulbs that would be cool. They also have some 6500k flourescents, I picked them up at hd and they work well. If you want I can email there part numbers to you. Also I know that there are some cheaper alternatives to icecap ballast out there (electronic) 2 light stuff that will run multiple feet of lights. You said you had ballast, if you could list some prices that would be cool. I picked up a 4 light electronic ballast for t8 lights, but it will light just about anything upto 40 watts. I put two tubes in series and they lit just fine. I would like to light these tubes at least HO output but would prefer VHO. The advance ballast part number for those interested is
Advance Transformer Co.
High Frequency Electronic Ballast for (3) or (4) F32T8 Lamps
Model: #REL4P32SCI
SKU: #261255 (Home Depot #)

You get a little better than normal output from this ballast, it will run those cheap spiral bulbs also. I don't trust the ballast that comes with them seen two of them go up in smoke/fire with just a little saltwater on them. Currently running 4 spirals over my refuge and it works great.

I'm going to try running a florex 43 watt 6500k bulb with this ballast, I'm sure it will light though and they are only $10 bucks at home depot. I plan on lighting a propogation tank with these cheap units. It should run 3 of these bulbs and maybe try a PC actinic or phillips 40 watt 24" with them.

If you have not noticed I like playing with bulbs and ballast LOL Need a light meter if anybody has a elcheapo unit they want to donate/loan to the cause. Just need to measure between different ballast and bulbs. I used to work for a light detector company many years ago and can convert the light measurements and should be able to get some spectral analasys using filters. Probally crude but interesting.

Have a great day!:)

·
Rotten Kitty
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woody said I need to order 6 bulbs, will be doning it next friday 5/3. So let us know if you want some. I don't need 6 bulbs but will buy that many, can always use some spares.

Have a great weekend!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.