The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I'm picking some up for a Clownnut's tank on Monday. If your talking clear I could pick up a sheet. If your looking for scrap you could ask clownnut if there will be any from his project.

Going rate (+$5/sht for Wopper Meal :) ):
.375” Clear acrylic $145/sht.
..500” Clear acrylic $205/sht.

We are going to pick up Monday or Tusday.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Oh, if you want it you would have to pick it up by tusday evening... since I don't currently have a storage rack for large pieces, and the van gets quite hot :)

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
HFG where are you getting your plastic from I just paid 227 for a 1/2 inch sheet. If you can share the secret PM me, if not i understand. :lol:

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Ah I only needed the one sheet so no biggie, but i will keep that in mind if I ever need more. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking to build a sump.
HFG when are you going? Someone has offered me a great deal on a sump if that works out I won't need it so I have to check and get back to you, but it would be a full sheet.
Sea Monkey thanks for the lead on scraps.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
What are your plans for the sump? Are you gonna use any bio media or sponges or anything? I think I am gonna construct a tray system so i can more easily run carbon, maybe cap off the right 1/3 of the sump and drill in bulkheads for input and put a drain through tray system in. I also am gonna drill a hole for an external return and will probably do an external skimmer as well. Honestly the sump design is almost as fun as the tank design. :) Have fun!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to look at it today and then I will know more if it will work or not. It will be going under a AGA 210g with the stand being about 40 inches high and 26 inches wide. So I have to see if it fits my layout as I don't know exact demensions. I just know it is acrylic and is in my price range. Being acrylic I figure it will be easier for me to mood to my liking if need be.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
what kind of setup are you doing in your 210?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may try the new URI T5s over the top and put some lower maintence SPS towars the top with the rest being SPS. I have a Majestic Angel that will be the Center Piece fish, but I am hoping he doesn't pick at any of the corals as he has never been in a reef tank before. Only in a fish only setup since I have had him.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I'm still recovering from the "interesting" campfire jokes told at Fosters... So, I don't know our schedual, but we will likely pick up in the morning (Monday).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts