The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new acrylic tank (five days old) and I have already scratched the front face about five times. So I have two questions. Are there any companies or individuals that will repair the scratches for me? I am prepared to pay a fair amount to avoid messing up the tank anymore. And, can anybody recommend a good maintenance company, because I am not allowing myself to touch the tank anymore? I am a complete idiot with no handyman skills, so I am unable to buff the scratches myself. Please help. Thanks.

Jake

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just purchased this to remove scratches from my Ipod last week. Well, I got bored and removed all the scratches from the front of my tank with the same results, especially the one where I accidentally got a grain of sand stuck on the felt of my Mag scraper and it left a 12 inch long scratch. It removed all the scratches perfectly and my tank looks like new, at least on the outside!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Displex-Screen-Scratch-Remover-Cell-Phone-iPod-PDA-PSP_W0QQitemZ9145691677QQcategoryZ3311QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Administrator
46,889 Posts
I suggest you get ahold of Krux, look in index for PNWMAS (pacific NW marine aquarium society) its based in PDX, lots of members and a lot of shops up in that end of Oregon, someone can help you out I am sure :)
Welcome to TRT :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Future floor wax, it is basically acrilic paint I use it for modeling aircraft windshields all the time. sample a unseen part first to make sure you do not have a chemical reaction, then of it is ok apply with a Q-tip, roll it in your fingers first to get any stray strans loose

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts