The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't normally post much outside this forum, I thought I'd ask here as well.
Or, at least link you; I have to change the bulbs on my compact fluorescent light fixture. The actinic bulb is starting to flake out on me, and I have noticed a slight dimming in the 12000k daylight bulb.

I've never had to buy bulbs for this fixture before and wouldn't mind some input on what you all think (and don't say 'go to metal halide' unless you're planning to give me a setup. ;) Believe me, I'd love to be able to afford that.)

Full post is here http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74813

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Well what i would do is buy Sunpaq bulbs from Foster and Smith. Sunpaq bulbs are probably the best out there. They give off more lumens then any other CF bulb IMO. You will definitely notice the difference. When i changed mine from the Corallifes to the Sunpaq. Wow! what a difference alot brighter and even the Actinic 03s seem to be more of a purplish color then a blue hue like the corallifes. thats just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I use the Sunpaq bulbs on my PC light tank and feel that Sunpaq's are the bests PC bulbs out there. The Sunpaq combination that you posted in the other post is what comes with the Orbit systems and is the combination that I started with. It is a good combination for both color and growth. I recently replaced my 65/10k bulb with a straight 10k bulb and l like bluer color much better, but growth will probably slow. Make sure when you buy the Sunpaq (or any PC bulbs) that you buy the corect pin style (straight or square). Sunpaq's come in both types.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Have you had pet food plus get you a price on bulbs??? Then you don't have to deal with shipping and the price.. well its just a suggestion and who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts