The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up a 14 gallon biocube approximately 1 month ago. I have 2 small zoanthid frags each with 4 polyps (1 frag had 25 polyps until the chocolate chip starfish mowed it over) and an acan coral. Over the past week she acan flesh, for lack of a better term, has started receding and the spiny points of his skeleton are quite visable. He is still actively feeding when I target feed him pellets but he's really looking bad. Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, all zero, ph 8.2 salinity 1.025. Any suggestions. The chocolate chip starfish has found a new home at a local pet store. Could the starfish have damaged him? And what are the chances of him surviving? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would try feeding it some mysis shrimp... I think its better than pellets... its probably the picture but it kinda looks like a small Lobo to me..

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Welcome to TRT Aromaff16

Well it's pretty obvious that he before and after pic is not a sign of good health.

Dos it open enough to eat? +1 on the change of food if you have frozen fresh type.

Never say never, but unless you see a major improvement in a few days.........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try some different food and see shat happens. Do you think it was more than likeky something wrong with my water or that chocolate chip starfish?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So its been 2 days since I first posted about my Acan Coral. He is showing signs of improvement. I was doing 2 gallon water changes every day for a week to keep ammonia and nitrites in check, and during this time my PH was running about 7.6. I'm thinking that had a lot to do with this coral getting sick. I am making sure the PH stays @ 8.2 -8.4 and he seems to be re-growing flesh. Keep your finger crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts