The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Your pepermints are probally camel shrimp. They look an aweful lot alike and have been know to eat lords.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I agree with redwinger as this has come up before. Sonds like a expensive coral in comparison to the shrimp. Move it or get it out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Our peppermint isn't bothering our Lords....you may want to separate them if you can.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Dont let it kill the lords!!! You may get struck down in your sleep.. lol. But seriously they are right, that frag I gave you is an expensive frag, you will need to either move the shrimp or the lords, or it will end badly. If you decide to rid yourself of the shrimp, you can either return it to a pet store for credit, or do what I do and just post it up for free or for a frag on the board.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I've read - the camel shrimp do not eat apstasia....these two went at it like mad. It was gone within a couple days.

I have no wat to separate...no time to take them back to the LFS. I leave for work in an hour. Should they go down the drain?..just to be safe?

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
they should be fine if the ambient temp stays good, which I am guessing it will. Just remember to temp acclimate them before you put them back in.

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
the peppermint i have always bugs everything when i first put it in to the tank, it doesnt matter if it is a coral, snail, new fish it will bug it for alittle bit then finally leave it alone. they end up leaving it alone within about an hour. then the coral will start to open back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts