The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have to admitt I was really stupid here.:doh: I ordered an AC 3 controller for my b-day present all well and good. It came yesterday only for me to realize that everything with this controller is ala-cart.:( so now I ether have a 400.00 theromerter:doh: or spend the extra money for the power strip and ph probe. I wish they would make this a little more clear when you purchase the unit:arg: . the other thing that is upsetting is the Aquanotes software 3.0 is not included. I understand that they are busisness to make money but this is rediculus. :doh:

I have been using aqua note light scene I started the tank (I think everybody should it is a great way to keep a log of the tank.)

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Ok I have to admitt I was really stupid here.:doh: I ordered an AC 3 controller for my b-day present all well and good. It came yesterday only for me to realize that everything with this controller is ala-cart.
so now I ether have a 400.00 theromerter:doh: or spend the extra money for the power strip and ph probe. I wish they would make this a little more clear when you purchase the unit:arg: . the other thing that is upsetting is the Aquanotes software 3.0 is not included. I understand that they are busisness to make money but this is rediculus. :doh:

I have been using aqua note light scene I started the tank (I think everybody should it is a great way to keep a log of the tank.)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Sorry, but it is pretty cut and dry if you research it. I think it was close to $1000 by the time I got done. It's well worth it though. The systen is taylored so that you can buy what you need. It's X-10 compatable for those daring souls, or direct connect for us doubting Thomas's. There's really no way for them to make a package. Along with 2 lab-grade Ph probes, and the software, I bought an 8-plug and a 4-plug. I SHOULD have bought a second 8. Adding the software might be a waste for people that can't make an Ethernet hookup. It won't work without that link.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am into it this far I might as well finish it. I ordered the stuff for the either net hook up. The Aqua notes light is not Either net Compatable?
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS
Ok Aqua Notes Light is Compatable I just have to set up the protocal.

I just ordered the Eight outlet Power strip and one PH probe (fedex second day.). I m kicking around the orp probe or should I just wait until it time for a reactor and use the second ph for that??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts