The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Hello My name is Adam( LOL hence the name) Im a 21 year old college student studying Biology to be come a Cosmedic( plastic) surgeon. I have had tanks for years first fresh then salt, My first salt was a 10 gal with one Long tent anen, and a clown and 1 fether duster, no more no less,I kept that successfully for about 2 years( to the dismay of My LFS) soon after that I made the jump into a 30 gal then a 50 gal now I have a 30, 50 and 10 gal( reminissing) LOL and they al have various fish in them, All reef safe and No predators( lions puffers etc) This summer Im planning on building a 500 gal plyqood/ acrylic/ epoxy tank and that will go in the basement, Dunno how soon it will happen or how long I willtake But its gonna happen. As for now Im looking for some Beginner corals and IF ANYONE here has any that are overunning there tank or ones that they need to frag, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE have pity on a poor college guy and contact me. Hummmm other then that I will be outa college when Im 96 probbably LOL OH and I have moved tankes 4 times so far in my days as a fish keeper, Moving to a new house moving to a temp house while its built, having the tank in my room thinking I wanted it in the basement so it has been moved moved moved, Now Its in the final spot in the basement recroom. And when the 500 is done that will be in the basement too( one advantage about living up north is we have basements) so thats all about me, well for now anyways, if any of you have any frags or just cut pieces from Corals or something thats tooo big for your tank get a hold of me here I would be glad to pay a fellow fish keeper then a local store anyday( I was once offered a 2.5 ft across Long tent anen, for 25.00 But I didnt have the room ( crying now) LOL talk to you all later:dance:

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Welcome to the TRT!!

very ambitious project you are thinking about doing. all i can say is i hope you stay where you are for a while. i have a 125 and do not want to think about moving that thing.

sounds like you have a good sense on what a good bioload is for a tank. this is prolly the hardest thing for any of us to cope with.

sorry do not have any frags for you. i just got my SPS tank up 9 months ago.

Spanky said:
Adam

WELCOME TO TRT :beer:

What's a basement? ;)
a storage place for storm surges.:D

G~

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL spanky yea you have a SLABBBBBBBBBB some older houses up here have slabs too( cheaper) tho most now a days those older homes have been jacked up and a basement dug underneath them( its really Interesting to watch people live in the house while its on jacks) lol yea thankfully I have never been a overstocker...........usually do to a lack of funds tho LOL, yea I have a pic of my old ten gal I will dig around and try and find it and scan it. Thanks to all the nice welcomes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.