The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And longevity of THAT will be determined yet....
Top of the morning to all you Fine Folks, and.....HAPPY THURSDAY!

Thunderstorms at the moment.....'reading the forecast' says ALL DAY......radar says BULL! I'll tell Ya this evening.

Coffee is up, and I was also about an hr. early at the dogs request, and opted to stay that way. The Capt'n has pulled up a chair to the TRT Training Table as well.

Hope the word 'awesome' is heard by All today,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and Cap’n this morning, I’ll add bagels, PB, jam assortment, and nanners. OK, I’ll bet you have big rain interesting am only.

Where is the regular wake-up crew?

Gotta get going.

Lots of love and hugs and peace tp everyone!

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Mornin Cath & Hack, and all that trickle in after. REALLY nice here today after a couple good gully washers Tuesday. 70F and clear blue skies. Rode the bike in this morning and it was LOVING the dense cold air. It was another commute where she was whispering to me that it might be a good day to make a left and go out to play. Alas I am at work. Hope all have a great day!

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Good Morning Hack, Cath, Rick and all!

I will add another pot of coffee,

Going to be a hot and dry for the most part today .

Kristine is going into the office today to take care of a few things. They still have a huge office that no one works in these days.

I will probably just tinker with some stuff around here.

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Folks! Chased home by the rain, that of course a phone call could have avoided so I could have rolled over with my favorite blanky.

A day lies ahead with nothing penciled in......ohhhhhh this could be expensive or TROUBLE?
Hmmmmmm..... 🤔 ....I could take a ride down to John's(LFS) and just LOOK at what kind/size of a tank catches my eye?

More coffee going for late morning shift......Doug. Peace to all you Beautiful People,
Hack

·
Premium Member
14,535 Posts
Morning All
I have to admit that I am not a fan of trying to sell stuff on marketplace ! I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top of the morning Kelli!
Not a fan, nor do I trust/have faith in ON-LINE selling......WAY too old fashioned.
I would, I think, like to be/get comfy with it......Lots of stuff I'd love to get rid of.
Hack

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhhhh Vinnie....you stepped on my toes and almost spilled my joe. 😁
Top of the morning!
Hack

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Good morning everyone. Another smoky day in store, mid 80s for Temps and no rain in sight.
Coworker has back issues so we are scrambling to cover shifts. Looks like another weekend where my only day off will involve Dr appt.
We shall see how it shakes out.
Hope the day treats you all well

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Wow, lots dropped by today. Hello to all! I have some good news. I think I found a good home for my two Tiger Oscars. I had them on a local buy and sell to find a home for them. The 90g they are in was gonna be a fresh water community tank but I think it may be repurposed for a reef sump or to store mixed salt water in. Either way I have options. I’ll bring it up in my thread when I get to that point.

Stay awesome folks.

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Hi, everyone!

Mornin Cath & Hack, and all that trickle in after. REALLY nice here today after a couple good gully washers Tuesday. 70F and clear blue skies. Rode the bike in this morning and it was LOVING the dense cold air. It was another commute where she was whispering to me that it might be a good day to make a left and go out to play. Alas I am at work. Hope all have a great day!
Awww that’s too bad you couldn’t go with your bike’s inclination.

Kelli - Good to see you again today. I agree… don’t much like the idea of selling on line. Gives me the creeps.

Hack - That really stinks that your boss made you come into work, only to send you home right away.
Ummm you expect us to believe you’re gonna just LOOK at a tank and what not at your LFS? 😂

Good morning everyone. Another smoky day in store, mid 80s for Temps and no rain in sight.
Coworker has back issues so we are scrambling to cover shifts. Looks like another weekend where my only day off will involve Dr appt.
We shall see how it shakes out.
Hope the day treats you all well
Hope something fun shows up for your day off.

Rick - Cool that you found a home for your Tiger Oscars! Nice options for what to do next.

In the waiting mode for my brothers and sisters-in-law. Really looking forward to seeing them.

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Afternoon all,

Chose to wash ( did not REALLY need it, more to check out the body/paint etc )the new truck this morning , and then ceramic coat the paint and such.
Truck was all dealer gussied up already, I just like to add my touch to things, and like mentioned a wash/sealant is a good way to scope out the body /paint for issues. She passed with flying colors, did not find anything of concern.
Weathertech floor mats/mudflaps/vent visors to arrive tomorrow , to serve a function and to add my touch to the new set o wheels.

Middle dawg Scruffy and a Doxie to be named later go to “Aunt Barb”( friend who owns her dog “spa” bizness, known her for mucho years) for nail trims tomorrow am, before she opens. Scruffy loves Aunt Barb and this way he does not freak/resent my trimming his nails( we did it shortly after we adopted him years ago/when he was a pup and he hid in his crate the rest of the day. The rest of the Pack here are ok( like they have a choice , heheh) with nail trims and Dremel final touch finishing.

Dern truck is tall enough to require a LADDER to wash/sealant the roof and ditto for washing /RainX’n the windshield. Yeah it’s a 4wd, but geez it’s not a lifted/monster truck either..Even getting this OFR in the bed of the truck is more of a effort than with prev.trucks. At least there are “steps” on each corner of the rear bumper to assist this old broken down dude somewhat.

Kelli/Cath, Marketplace has been great in my case, but most of the stuff I’ve put on recently has been items not shippable ( Garden tractors and stuff that “local pickup “ is best used for) Have not sold much on eBay in the last 5-6 years and have dialed down buying much, and have been using Prime a LOT for a while when new “stuff” is needed.
But I can see the scary/creepy/pain in the tookus aspect in Marketplace. My feeling is , “I wanna sell this item , it’s priced to do so ,and not really going to haggle on price” . Also after a few initial times, I’ve told myself I’m not going to “hold” a item for someone, if it’s still listed it’s still for sale and first one here gets to buy it. Wasted/lost too much time when a potential buyer ghosts me when I say I’ll hold it for them. Did not take long to understand why my dad always said “ first one here with cash, buys it” , was the way to go. I have bended a bit at times on some stuff , put “pending” on a listing ( until a buyer gets here at day’s end or the next) when they give me the vibe they are legit /serious/truthful.

Weather is a beaut today, temps are “open Windows/no A/C “ levels. And other than a weird black cloud cluster showing up midday ( prob only brought on the Murphy’s Law aspect , when I finishing washing/sealing the truck) the skies have been clear.

Taking a break of sorts, reboot and see what is next for my day.

Hope everyone is having a great one!

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Evening. off work, looks like the fri/sat guy is gonna come in tomorrow. Got a Dr appt at 10 am, then need to get tires swapped on Eryns car. Pick up rear pads for her Impala. No plans for Sat in case weekend guy came back to soon. NEED TO RUN TO STORE THEN CHECK ON FRIEND WHO ON TOP OF DYING PUMP ISSUES , HER INTERNET GOT CUT OFF. Sorry for the caps I am typing on remote keyboard looking at remote monitor since my laptop screen is hosed.
anyway cell doesnt reach her on back side of mt so wifi calling through DSL is her only choice unless she drives off the mt to make a call :(

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
For reserved items, unless it is family or good friend I always adhered to the old cowboy code "cash talks and BS walks"

·
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Folks! 'Meat Lovers' pizza on the stove if'n anyone requires some.

Did get to John's today to LOOK around at tanks, trying to narrow down my thoughts for our new one....a 75 gallon seems to have tickled my fancy this far.

Rumors have it that tonight was my last PT visit, but according to Jen, who'm I would never argue with, there's still another week....,...phone calls are in order.

NO ICE CREAM! GHADS!!!!!!! We got Ya covered Vinnie....ice cream we gots, as well as a very 'indecisive cake'........composed of slices of Louisiana crunch, sour cream, blueberry, and jewish apple cakes. WORKS FOR ME!

Kin Folks arrive yet Cath?

Pace Yer'self Doug....that candle looks like it is burning at both ends......NO GOOD!

Ahhhhhh, a man n his new truck.....can't hide it Jeff, the excitement and smiles come through the computer.

Well that cake is calling my name, so Peace to All,
Hack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts