The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still feels like a *onday though. Good morning and.....HAPPY TUESDAY! Better weather for today. Ironically all THAT WIND will knock the wind outa yer sails......really wrecks havoc with one's plans.

Hope relief has arrived Doug.....never had the pleasure myself, but have heard....

Had a big meal out last night at Red Lobster......Has anyone ever been ' dinning out' outed? Too much good/BIG eating recently......Back logged of being too stuffed. NOT to mention, but everyone knows I will anyway, Sunday is Easter with it's big feast.

Coffee is up, and a light noche (sp) to get us down the road.....a lap full of Chocolate Chip cookies should do nicely.

Hope the sun rises, ("THAT would be a blessing in and of it'self."), on a day full of warm fuzzies,
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
20210329_162114_resized.jpg

THIS is what yesterday handed us......The coincidence of a 'Spring Tide', with a full moon, AND a Westerly wind at 'gale forces' causing a 'blow out tide'.

After spending a few weeks over the winter making our slips nice n deep.....then to see THIS.....yeah, 'knocks the wind outa yer sails'.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and chocolate chip cookies, Hack. I’ll add oatmeat with raisins, walnuts, and cinnamon.

Nope, I haven’t been dining out since I don’t know when .... well more than a year.You bringing up Red Lobster brings up a host of memories of one of my step-sons that worked there for years.

Thanks for the photos of your office. You got cheated with the bad conditions caused by wild and wooly nature.
Hope your day is a bot safer than yesterday.

Doug - I hope you are rid of that kidney stone!

Going to the Welness center early this morning to get all educated about the new sign-in procedures.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Good and Grand Mornin’ TRT,

Coffee is on. Keto Bar soon. They are very good, if not so filling. However, closing in on 10lbs lost so I won’t whine too much.

Cool off starts today. Got up to 42 vs the 60 yesterday and expected to maybe hit 80 today vs 90 last couple of days.

Hack, that’s not a new accumulation of mud, right? Just more exposed than normal?

Wife is prepping for Region II Sport Horse this weekend. I brought dinner to the barn yesterday and had Angel tag along. Though we have horses, they are all the trainers and this was her first time seeing one. It was a bit comical. But she took it way better than my old Malamute did his first time. We had the horses at our house then and he wouldn’t get within a 100 yards of the barn for a long time. Then he got a little close and a horse kicked him pretty good. After that he knew which end to stay away from and he turned into a barn dog.

Well I’m more than a little frustrated with FedEx at the moment. Printer was still showing as in the Memphis, not the Indianapolis as I reported yesterday. It had a scheduled delivery date of “by end of day “ yesterday. I was hoping they had missed a scan, so (not wanting it to be fodder for porch pirates) I sat here most of the day waiting. This morning it’s back to delivery date PENDING, and still its still in the midwest.

A couple of days delay is not a big deal, I just don’t like the waiting game.

Anyway, dumpster is full now, so today’s making piles for next week.

Oh, did figure out how to make a temp RV Dump Station in the back. Will plumb a permanent solution after more clean up and I can get to the side of the house where I need to do some trenching. NO MORE WASTED TIME AND MONEY GOING TO TOWN TO DUMP AFTER A TRIP!!! I have 30amp service and water back there already. We tend to use the motor home as a guest room, now i don’t have to take it to dump and people can SS&S in it.

Anyway. Y’all N’Joy the day.

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Morning All, 27F and cold dark out. hi mid 60s later. rough night but I think the worst is over, emerged from my room in time to not see SN11 blow up on landing. Why did they choose to launch in fog? no freakin clue

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Steve the new sanitary situation sound like a good deal:) Nice to not have to spend the time to go dump after a visit.

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Its gone just feel like kickboxing threw me into a moving truck. If the meds don't take edge off may leave early

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Steve - That’s a funny story about your malamute vs your horses. Good to hear that Angel is a bit cooler, but comical, about the enormity of a horse standing next to her.😆

Doug - Glad to hear that tye stone passed, but OUCH with the aftermath!

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Folks......the evening is upon us.

Hot dogs with the works are fresh off the griddle.....personal choice being finely diced onions, relish, and spicy brown mustard.

Got 4 more in the creek today ready for 'pick up'....not even April 1st yet. The date for contract being able to launch boats. Probably have near on a dozen....maybe 15'ish?

Hack, that’s not a new accumulation of mud, right? Just more exposed than normal?
Yes, and yup!
20210330_162906_resized.jpg

Another 'blow out tide' today also.

With 'prop dredging', you're using prop wash to dig yourself down in the mud and silt that gets deposited during the coarse of the year. In years gone by, THAT was effective. Times have changed, and rather than by Dec. 1st, all customers had to have their boats out of our slips......which allowed Mother Nature to naturally help flush out the creek/slips. Now, probably for the past 10 years the boss has started allowing 'some boats' to stay in....1 turned into 2, into 3.....20+. Now Mother Nature has no place to push the mud down the creek and out to sea.....it just piles up between these boats that act like 'jetties', and we all know THAT was a failed experiment.

So now I'm digging down into the mud, blowing it out into deeper water.......but as you can see it just builds up into wall on 3 sides. The mud bank continually cracks off, any disturbance the mud rolls down the banks. WE WILL LOOSE, and it's probably getting sooner than latter. You can't fight Mother Nature.

Hope a swell, and righteous evening is unfolding for Y'All,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
That looks like a mess Hack, hope you can get that "HUGE" excavator now that Suez is unclogged ;)
Survived the day, seriously took more meds and cowboyed up, took dogs out for quixk trip to big market 11 miles away, More meds and baked version of fish and chips, pain is really exhausting. Early night. Gotta rest up0 tomorrow the grands are coming over to see Godzilla vs Kong since we have HBO Max.
Night all

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.......Hmmmmmmm, wonder if'n their available? 🤔

There are of course 'options', but nothing in our price, and POLITICAL palm greasing realm. Mom n Pop's boatyard are disposable for condo locations where the big bucks are.
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just saw a video of the SN11 flight.....what you COULD SEE OF IT form the fog and the cameras cutting out. I guess space flight doesn't have as strict of rule as boaters do for navigational standards......didn't hear any fog horns? 😁

Perry we're gonna have to equip you TRT Table chair with seat belts if'n you're gonna keep us guessing where you B. 🤔;)

Cheese cake for evening snacks......if'n you're quick. I hear Hack on the prowl.
Hack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts