The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course it is......tomorrow will be the rain! Good morning Y'All and.....HAPPY SATURDAY!
Yesterday hit 80'ish around here...,.,T/S never arrived yesterday morning, but looked as though they could.....and the morning was breezy, damp n chilly. BUT at 12:45 p, a big slap of wind rolled through the yard, and as night and day, you could feel the heat it brought. The wind then remained, and under now sunny skies the heat felt fantastic.

Coffee is up, and as a grab n go, there's a fresh loaf of Cinnamon Raisin toast to join in.

Looking for a half day at the fun house, mostly out of the boss's insecurities, then back home to rile through the options for fun. A BBQ has been floated as a possibility, as well as a trip to a range.

Silly thoughts and groovy hopes for All,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We live about 1 1/2 miles from the 177th fighter wing, and in their flight path. With only 2 cups of joe in the blood stream, and no social media telling me of all the world shaking news events that impact my life, I can tell you that this is a 'drill weekend'. HEY STEVE, when's them there tail pipe silencers getting installed on them there F-16's? 馃 馃榿

NAH, no complaints from me......my innards come to attention every time I hear one of our brave pilots pass over head. Over the years, over 60 of them, I have seen various designs come n go..,,,these 16's are far more polite to the ears than them blasted F-106's ever were......AND they were here before they began restricting the 'sonic booms' the pilots liked feeling in their britches as they put the spurs to her on the way out to sea to greet the soviets. THOSE THINGS were beasts!
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cinnamon toast, Hack. I鈥檒l add PB and nanners, plus brown butter eggs over easy.

Loved reading your posts just now. That must be so cool to experience the fly-overs on a regular basis.

Hope you鈥檙e not too sore from your Fosbury Flop maneuver to catch a bolting dog at work. 馃That must have been quite a sight.

Jeff - Big Ouch with your shoulder yesterday. What did ER Nurse Blyth say about it?

Doug - How did the EMS press conference go yesterday?

Sunny and 59 this morning with some showers this afternoon. Gonna go to grocery shop for a few things this am, then inside stuff this afternoon. Might make nanner muffins.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Premium Member
Mornin鈥 all.

What, silence the sound of freedom Hack?

Coffees on. Going to warm up pretty well today. About time to dig the lawnmower out.

3D printer still floating in the either. Hope its not a boat floating in the Suez.

Didn鈥檛 get much clean up done yesterday. It鈥檚 a bit overwhelming how much needs to be done. Today it鈥檚 going to be just stand there, pick something up and put it, or throw it, away. Rinse and repeat for a couple of hours.

I did get the SawStop cleaned off, cleaned up and running. Contemplating upgrading that beast to put the table router inbetween the arms and get rid of the router table. Making for a few more square feet of room.

Anyway, time to go consume some coffee and try to wake up some before operation of power equipment.

Administrator
Good Morning All, 33F to start the day but supposed to hit the mid 70s later. Hack i am surprised the 177FW still flies Falcons, both the 142FW (PDX) and 173FW in Klamath Falls fly F15 C/Ds. Kingsley Field (173FW) was 1st Airguard to transition from Falcons to Eagles and is slated to be a training base for the new F15EX when they come on line :) Sound of Freedom Indeed :)
Cath the event was actually a birthday party for a 5 yr old who's mother has a host of medical issues. A while back mom had a serious life threatening medical emergency and this 5 yr old was able to contact 911 and get assistance, sending his brother down to the highway to meet the responders as the live 1/4 mile from the hiway. The American legion presented him with a plaque for heroism and Legion, Fire/Rescue and Sheriffs Dept got together and made sure he had an awesome birthday. Local news came out and did a report on evening news. It was pretty cool. I will try to get a few pics up later Still trying to find a phot program that will make saving pics by date work like it is supposed to

Premium Member
So here鈥榮 my call from my son this morning. 鈥淗ey Dad, I just wanted to call and let you know I鈥檓 safe.鈥 He鈥檚 stationed at Norfolk NAS, VA.

Really wish our leadership actually acted Iike leaders and started fixing real problems.

Administrator
I hear ya Steve, Oregon is run by a Democrat Super Majority and the NW corner of the state is mostly liberal Dems unlike 3/4 of the rest of the state. They are trying to run a bunch of bills through that chip away at 2A and would ban guns in a heartbeat if they could. Expect POTUS to start cranking out Executive Orders to deal with "the problem"

Administrator
I think maybe this line of thought should go in Margeritaville, not show about the new Landlord ;)

Administrator
Cath, going to try and upload pics from yesterday. Tried a new program to organize my pics by date but I seem to have lost a lot of the old stuff

Administrator
a few more, left to right, Local news reporter, striped shirt is older brother who guided ambulance in, grey shirt is burfday boy, mom is in pink shawl. bottom pic, on left is photog for Grants pass paper, Legionaires with the Hand made bean bag toss game (cornhole game)

Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No complaints around here about 'the sound of FREEDOM'., I like that phrase.....think I'll throw that in my bucket of phrases.

Had our first burgers on the grill for the season for lunch/dinner this afternoon.....1st of an 'endless summer'.
Was a beautiful day...breezy, but beautiful. But you can see the thickening clouds approaching, and the temps dropping, ushering in this evening's and tomorrow's rains.

BOY I love pictures....THANKS Doug for sharing with us.

Groovy hopes,
Hack

Super Moderator
Hi, everyone!

Steve - waiting on that 3D printer to arrive has got to drive you crazy. Might as well sort stuff to keep or throw away. I usually have another stack of stuff to donate.

Doug - Great photos of that he to 5 yr old who saved his mother! What a story!

Hack - Of course you had a cookout after work! What else would fill those hungry bellies like that and be fun too? Absolutely the right way to kick off the summer.
Was that followed up with ice cream?

Grooviness for everyone tonight.

Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NY CHEESE CAKE!
Hack

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't wait though for the custard stands to open up around here....usually....hmmmmm 馃 ....maybe April? Now Ya went n did it....got to go look. Craving that 1st B+W 'MONSTER' malt of the season.....1/2 gallon of 'ohhhhhh YEAH!'
Hack

Super Moderator
Evening all,
Shoulder/upper arm is doing a wee bit better today,, went with Voltaren (sp?) after the lido patch's effective range faded away. Still hurts, but at least I can move /use the wing somewhat.
Finally got the pole barn well up n running, had my doubts but around the time I was gonna bail on it for the day it decided to play nice.
Decided today was the day to trim new to our pack Max's feet and paw pad fur. Long hair doxies tend to get fur growing in the way of the pads and covering the nails making them hard to trim. Had 4 power clippers to choose from , One being the family "me and later the poodles we had when I was a kid" hair trimmers , mom gave me a few years ago, 2 auction dawg clippers, being the workhorse clippers for dawgs and what I eventually ended up using, my own beard trimmer , heheh. The "family" trimmer and auction ones did not have blades to cut close,, set to leave xx amount, not desired when trying to trim fur that was encroaching in Max's pads. Ended up , after completing da trimmin' with my trimmer, sigh,,,I took the other 2 to the shop and went over em/did maint. on 'em. The family ear lowering trimmer was at least circa '63 , along with the grease in its innerds,, re-lubed em both, did my 'lectrical magic on the electrical parts and expect them to last a long long time. Also ordered a proper blade for the Oster A5 dawg clipper, so next time I'll be ready .

Did other chores during the day, prob one for fingers on both hands,,

Weather was decent, overcast but mid 60's,, until the light rain showed up a few hrs ago,,,cold front is showing up by tomorrow,, yippie/not.

Going to Mom's in the morning to remove the eave vent covers on the house, other than the up n down of the ladder and moving it to the next cover,, not a terrible chore.

Comfy chair next,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

Retired Wanderer
Evening everyone. Glorious night out. Sat on cardboard behind work looking at the stars and the full moon with my friend on break. Now back to work. We are getting more than half of the team calling off sometimes. Not sure what people do for money.
Hopefully a nice 14 hour shift tonight.

Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agree. Hard to tell where the lines cross. The daily hows it going threads in the general reef discussion muddle the waters so to speak. I鈥檒l do better. Sorry, my frustration boils over at times.
Hmmmmmm, without tipping my hand as to which way I lean.....to the RIGHT, or left, 馃 馃榿 , there's room for a vent, opinion, or THOUGHT, as long as they remain family oriented, good natured, and friendly. Some topics lend themselves to getting heated, and carried away. The M'Ville suggestion is a notorious store house for voicing our opinions, and a place where the MODS have all the eggs in one basket making it far easier for them to monitor and keep under control. A good rousing conversation if done with decorum and a wee bit of restraint is always welcome.

The TRT Breakfast Table/TRT Training Table/TRT Breakfast Club.....You got me, but it's a TRT tradition older than, older than.....hmmmmmm馃.....DOUG!馃榿
Hack

1 - 20 of 22 Posts